ɪx

"You didn't change." Theo stated to Derek.

"What?"

"When they took Eli, you didn't change."

"He means you didn't transform in front of your son."

"I haven't. He hasn't seen me like that. Not since the first time." Theo did his best to look at him.

"Okay, what was the first time?"

"I don't know if he even remembers. He might have been too young. Coyotes had came into the house. They clawed through the screen door. Eli was playing on the floor, and they were headed straight for him. I transformed instantly. Roared so load it shook the entire house. Coyotes took off and there was Eli, looking at me. He was shaking. He was... he was terrified. And he wouldn't let me come near him for days. That look of fear in his eyes when he saw me, I couldn't get it out of my head."

"That's why he can't change."

"I think every time he starts to, or... maybe every time he tries, he must see my face... snarling back at him."

"You didn't change either Theo." Theo sighed leaning against the pole.

"I haven't been a wolf the entire time she was alive. We never wanted her to know about the supernatural but when she was five... a wolf was on the loose from the zoo down the street, we were getting ready to leave when... we see Lori just staring at the wolf. She didn't look scared, she had a shield up protecting herself the wolf tried to get threw but... I roared and he ran. She looked at me and smiled, it was like she didn't remember what just happened."

"What happened after?"

"We went on like it was nothing, called Malia and asked if it was normal... she came down looked at her and said she was fine. But one eye was blue the other yellow."

"Like earlier. Half wolf, half protector."

"Yeah."

--

Erza watched the game, "Get it to McCall! To McCall!" Erza screamed as they scored.

"Where did this kid come from? Is he even in high school?" Erza looked between the man and coach.

"That's one of my best students."

"He looks like he's 30. Who the hell is that?"

"That's Greenberg." Erza snickered at the name as coach smiled.

"Is Greenberg still in high school?" Erza asked as the man walked away.

"Yeah, sadly. He just wont stay away." Erza looked back to see Eli score. "YES!" Erza went to grab Lori as she ran onto the field as Eli took his helmet off.

"Did you see me score?" His eyes widen as the girl crashed his lips onto hers. Scott smirked and walked away as Eli closed his eyes and put a hand onto her cheek pulling her in softly. Erza smiled in the distance cheering her daughter on. Once they pulled away he smiled down at her, "I've wanted to do that since I seen you."

"Same." Erza walked over to them before she could take a step to meet them they were in a dark place.

"What is this?"

"The same place as before."

"The real tournament begins." Erza looked up and ran to her husband.

"Oh thank god you're okay!"

"Dad!" Lori ran up and grabbed his shoulder, Eli ran to his dad as well.

"We can't get loose."

"Parrish, we need to buy him more time." Scott informed them. Allison looked at us confused.