Siblings Are The Worst (Chapter 2, Part 3)

CLICKY CLICKY THE VOTE BUTTON!!!!!

 LEAVE ME A COMMENT? <3

(James POV)

When the bell rang signalling the end of my third hour I pulled my bag across my chest and made my way out of the crowded room. I pushed my way past a group of kids standing in the middle of the hall way, grunting when I finally made it through the wall.

"Some people just don't have any class," I thought to myself as I walked out into the quad, scanning the faces for Jinx.

I decided to take a seat under a tree in the far left of the quad, I figured she would be able to see me here. I pulled out my iPod and put in my ear buds like I always do. Shutting out the world, making everyone and everything disappear. It was only me and my music.

I reached into my bag and pulled out my sketch pad; I flipped to the middle and looked down at the blank page.

I reached for my pencil and began sketching, nodding my head to the beat.

"Life is like a track of music,

You nod your head,

Jump when you are told,

And conform to the lyrics

Of those who are above us."

I sang along quietly to the song. It was the newest release from an underground band called Art Conspiracy.

I looked up from my sketching and noticed that the girl Alexandria was all over the guy I saw in detention in my second hour.

"Hm, that's odd," I thought to myself out loud.

"What's odd?" I heard a voice say from my right. I looked over and saw Jinx standing awkwardly at my side.

"Um, nothing. So you decided to come after all? I am so relieved. I thought you were going to stand me up." I stood and looked down at her with a joking smile.

She smiled in return and sat down under the tree, noticing my sketch book. She reached over and flipped through it. I panicked and snatched it from her, holding it tightly.

She squeaked and looked up at me in surprise.

"What was that?" She said almost apologetically.

I tilted my head in shame and sat down beside her. "Yeah, sorry about that. I just don't like people looking at them, it's like a journal or a diary. It hides all of my secrets." I said this softly, glancing from the book to look into her beautiful brown eyes.

She nodded. "Yeah,  I completely understand what you mean. But from what I saw they are incredible. You should share your skills with the world, not everyone has your kind of talent."

I smiled sheepishly and put the book in my bag, pulling out a sandwich in a plastic bag. I held it up in front of her and she smiled.

"Just like I promised." I said playfully.

"Yes, just like you promised, and you really do like the crusts cut off." She replied and laughed.

She looked so relaxed, at ease. It was a nice change from seeing her tense and on edge in class and walking down the hall way. I wonder if she always reacted so comfortably with people. Maybe she just didn't like crowds.

I silently mused to myself and considered asking her, but I chose not to. I didn't want to scare her away, she was just starting break out of from her shell.