Plus Sized Pretty (Chapter 5, Part 3)

(UNEDITED!!!)

(James POV)

"Your wish is my command," I said, immediately regretting it as the words left my mouth.
Oh god, that is so dorky, I am such a dork. Damn it.

Jinx laughed awkwardly and gestured to the food in my hands.

"What..are you doing? Why aren't you at school? Why do you always show up at my house with out an invitation?" She rambled.

As she spoke I began to get lost in her eyes and the way her words rolled off of her tongue in a way that sent sparks down my spine. I noticed the way her eyes expressed her emotions as she spoke and the way her hair was almost deep blue when the sunlight hit it in just the right spot.

"James?" I heard her say, one eyebrow raised sarcastically.

"What? Yes. I figured we could have a two person pizza party? Everyone deserves to skip school once in a while. We're teenagers, it's healthy." I raised the Cheetos.

"Well, I..I don't know. I wasn't expecting you, as you never seem to ask--"

I cut her off before she could say any more.

"So that's a yes than? Great! Point me towards your room so we can dig in; the pizza is gettin' cold." I stepped into her home and I surveyed the area. To the left was a decent sized kitchen, to the right was a living space with a couch and a love seat.

Jinx sort of squeaked again as I looked around.

"I, um, yeah..I just..yeah," she sighed, closing the door and walking past me towards a set of stairs.

I followed her up, taking in the scent of what I thought to be strawberry shampoo.

As we made it to the second floor she turned left and led me into her bedroom.

I looked around and thought back to the night I climbed up into her room.

I chuckled softly to myself as she began adjusting things here and there.

"So.. where are we going to set up camp?" I looked at the bed, and tossed the idea from my mind completely.

She turned towards me and motioned toward the pile of pillows against the wall, right across from the t.v. mounted in the corner of her room.

"Will this work?"

I nodded and plopped down, setting the pizza and Cheetos in front of me. I patted the spot next to me and she tentatively joined me.

"So, walk to me. What's been going on in that magnificent brain of yours?" I opened the box of pizza and removed a slice for myself. I took a bite and nudged the box towards her.

She sighed and began picking at her sweater, she seemed to do this a lot out of habit, and stared down at her lap.

"A lot of things, really. I've been stressing and I'm confused and I don't know how to deal with any of it. I honestly don't want to think about anything." She looked up at me and a few tears streamed down her face. I used my non-greasy hand to wipe the tears away. '

"I'm sorry I asked. Okay, here's the deal. Today we talk about everything that doen't have to do with school or family or any of that bull, okay?"

She nodded looked up at me.

"That would be lovely."

"You're lovely," I said.

She laughed softly and looked away again.

"Wow, you really don't have a filter do you?" She asked.

I shrugged and took another bite of my pizza.