Not Just A Game (Chapter 3, Part 3)

CLICKY CLICKY THE VOTE BUTTON!!!! ------->

Leave me a comment? Pretty Please?

(Jinx POV)

I couldn't help but smile every time I glanced at the note that was folded and placed on my dresser. I paced in front of my cell phone that was sitting on the middle of my unmade bed. 

The note said to call the number, but I wasn't sure if I was ready to talk to James yet. And how awkward would it be if his mom answered? 

"Hey, yeah my name is Jinx and I have a major crush on your son and he is sending me mixed signals," I thought and shook my head, now biting on my nails. 

No, I couldn't do it. I stopped pacing and looked down at my phone and sighed. I grabbed the note and sat on the bed with my phone in my lap.

"Just do it, you can do this," I thought to myself and picked up the phone. I groaned and dropped it. I layed back and put a pillow over my face.

Why was being a teenager so hard?

I had an idea and sat up. I swear there was a light bulb flashing above my head.

"Maybe I can get Alex to call and ask for James, and then when he gets on the phone I can talk to him," I thought out loud. 

It was a bit childish but I was desperate to talk to James, I couldn't wait for tomorrow. I didn't want to talk to him face to face. What if he ended up saying I was just a fatty and I should stop wasting my time? 

I sighed and reflected on what Alexa had said to me in class. No one has ever insulted me directly, and it was not a pleasant experience. Why do people have to do that? I realize I am fat, so why do you have to tell me over and over again? 

I sniffled and clutched the note and my cell phone as I walked down the hall to my brothers room.

His door was closed but I already knew he was playing video games with one of his friends. I sighed and knocked on the door loud enough for him to hear.

"I'M NOT HUNGRY MOM!" He yelled.

"IT'S JINX YOU IDIOT! OPEN THE DOOR!" I yelled back and knocked on the door again.

After a minute or two went by I knocked on the door loudly and I heard him groan.

I smiled with satisfaction when he finally opened the door.

"What do you want?" He asked impatiently.

I took a step back and started coughing when I saw the smoke coming from his room. Then the smell of weed hit me like a ton of bricks.

"What the hell? Are you smoking pot?" I waved my hand in front of my face and noticed his eyes were red and swollen.

"So what? Mom's not even home! Leave us alone," the door had opened a bit more and I saw that Max Brown was standing in the door frame. 

I rolled my eyes when he smiled sheepishly at me. 

"Hey Jinx, how's it hangin'?" He drawled slowly.

"What is the school stoner doing with you in your room? Why are you smoking pot? Mom and dad are going to bitch a fit! God, you are such a fuck up Alex!" I had my hands my my waist and I was looking at him in disbelief.

Alex laughed and rubbed his eyes. "Yeah, well mom and dad aren't going to find out." 

I shook my head. "Yeah? And why is that?"