Khaotung's encounter

I had been attending acting classes for a month at GMM since I signed a contract to be officially one of their artist. I couldn't believe it when they reached out to me via IG that they wanted me to come audition for one of the series'. At first I thought it might have been a scam but fortunately it wasn't and now here I am, one of their rookies and almost late for class.

I have become close with the other rookies there. They are really nice and talented, which kind of makes me nervous about my abilities. So far there has been only 6 of us in the acting class, Drake, Frank, AJ, JJ, Ciize and me. I would say I am closest with Ciize and Drake, but we all hangout sometimes. However I heard Ciize tell me that there's another guy joining us today apparently he signed a month after us.

I was so relieved to see that the P'Yokie, our acting coach was not there yet even though I was 5 minutes late for class. "Always late Khao. What is your excuse this time?" Ciize said. "Technically not late if the teacher is not here yet." I said as I joined them and sat on the wooden floor next to Ciize.

"Okay guys sorry I am late, I was waiting for one of the rookies who will be joining us from now on." P'Yokie said as we gave her our full attention. So Ciize was right there is a new guy joining us. "I hope he's hot." Ciize whispered to me. "I thought you were Lesbian Ciize and already have a girlfriend." I whispered back and she giggled "I am bisexual and yes I do, but it wouldn't hurt too have some eye candy around here." She said and I rolled my eyes.

While we were still bickering back and forth someone entered the room. He was tall, had black fluffy hair, eyes that sparkled, fair skin and a beautiful smile. "Oi narak!" Ciize whisper yelled when she saw the newbie. I kept staring at him as he spoke to P'Yokie. He introduced himself to us, he was smiling the entire time, like an ear to ear type of grin. His name is Kanaphan Puitrakul but we can call him First.

He quickly got acquainted with the others, he was so nice and kept smiling. The others obviously thought he was funny because they kept laughing at everythinghe said, especially Ciize. Maybe I should let Janhae know how captivated her girlfriend is by this guy.

Even when we went to lunch, he was nice enough to share some of his food with Drake. When they got his drink order wrong he didn't return it, he just shrugged and said he understood how tough it can be for the waiter. That scored him brownie points with the others, because they wouldn't stop boasting about how nice, friendly and thoughtful First is.

I swear the entire week all I heard was First this, First that. It was starting to get annoying. I was just glad that it is Friday and I will have 2 days off from this guy and his fan club.

"Hey Khaotung! Frank, the twins and I are going to karaoke after work, want to come along?" Drake asked and honestly I was tempted. I was about to agree when he mentioned that they also invited First, I politely declined making up stupid excuse. I don't want to spend my time away from work with First. I doubt him and I will ever be friends, he is the total opposite of me.

The weekend literally was over in the blink of an eye. It was Monday morning and we had acting class again, fortunately for me this time I was not late. I even arrived earlier than First, and that kind of made me feel just a little bit satisfied. Ciize updated me about her weekend trip with Jahnae, she is so smitten with her girlfriend.

"Here. I got you this." First said handing me an iced americano. "Thanks." I said taking the cold caffeinated beverage. "No problem." He said as he sat on the wooden floor next to me. I felt confused as to why he sat next to me and why he got me a drink when I didn't even ask for it. Him and I were not close, heck I made sure to avoid him and I wasn't really discreet about it.

"Okay guys today we are going to be testing chemistry between characters. So pair up with the person on your right and quickly stand up facing each other.". As luck would have it the person on my right was none other than Kanaphan Puitrakul.

"Okay I need you guys to maintain eye contact for a minute." P'Yokie instructed us. So here I was standing face to face with First. I closed my eyes and sighed deeply before I looked into his eyes. His gaze was soft and had a smoky darkness to it. His eyes were like deep pools to lose oneself in, as they seemed to peer into my very soul, and I was captured.

"Okay keep maintaining eye contact and put your hands on each others left side of the chest and feel each other's heart beat." P'Yokie instructed again. With his gaze fixated on mine he put his hand on my chest and I did the same. At first my heart raced like crazy, it was so loud and violently beating I thought it was going to jump out of my chest.

Yet as I kept looking into his eyes. His brown eyes were like the cuddles of a teddy bear, snuggling, inviting, and unquestionable at comforting and calming. And calming and comforting they did because my heart rate slowed down and I was feeling a bit calmer, dare to say comforted. "Firfir firfir firfir."  My heart beat started sounding like that. I subconsciously broke into a smile as I thought how my heart beat sounded like his name.

"Okay that's it for class. Thank you and great job." P'Yokie said. My gaze upon his eyes lingered longer than it should have and my hand also lingered a bit longer on his chest. "See you tomorrow then Khao." He said as he removed his hand from my chest, that's when I quickly removed my hand from his chest and broke eye contact. I cleared my throat and nodded. "Bye now" He said with a radiant smile. I was left there stunned and absolutely mesmerized.

It was our last week of our acting class because the following week we were attending workshops for our respective projects, so we will not be seeing each other often. I would say that I had softened up to First, I wasn't avoiding him as much and even engaged in conversation with him. I mean we didn't hangout outside of work like he did with the others but there was a relationship being built, we were acquaintances now.

The rest of the week went smoothly, I was less irritable, I was early for class and First always gave me an iced americano everyday. Ciize also teased me about how I was smiling more these days. Granted yes, I was excited to start the workshop of my first ever project but I was also happy that First was so considerate towards me, kind of like he cared about me.

It had been a week since we started the workshop of our project "cause you're my boy."  that means it had been a week since I last saw First. My heart grew weary, I longed for his smile that radiated so beautifully. His dark eyes that reflected stars when hit by a ray of light. I regretted not exchanging contacts with him now. I now missed his laughter even though I found it incredibly annoying at first.

After the second week of our workshop was done I was meeting up with Ciize and her girlfriend, who also happens to be one of the artists here at GMM. I had decided to ask Ciize for First's line, I knew she had it because I saw them exchange their contacts the first day they met. Not that I was paying attention, I just happened to see it.

I eventually managed to get First's line ID, after I made a mediocre excuse to Ciize as to why I needed it. She complied and teased me a bit, but that didn't matter. What mattered now was that I had a way to contact First. Maybe I should invite him to a movie, no that would sound like a date. I should invite him for something to eat, everyone likes eating right?

After I had gathered some courage I finally decided that I will invite him to dinner. So I made the call.
.
.
.
.
Thank you for reading this chapter. Feedback is always welcome and appreciated. I will try to update as soon as I can. Rak na jub jub 🐈‍⬛🐈🍊

A/N: I hope you like the story so far. This chapter and the next are a throwback to the past when First and Khaotung first met.