Trauma in the workplace!?

When I woke up my head felt groggy. Wilbur was no longer in my room and sunlight filtered in through the window. The door was relatively dark and I could hear birds chirping outside.

"Great, I have work today!" My voice sounded hoarse as I complained. Rolling out of bead I made a loud 'thump' as I fell. There were rushed footsteps before the door was flung open. There in all his glory was Phil. He was standing in the doorway with his wings puffed out in worry.

"Are you ok!?" He asked, rushing forwards and wrapping me in a hug, being careful of my back. I nodded.

"Yeah. I have to get ready for work." I explained. He grimaced.

"You shouldn't go to work today mate. You need to rest." He tried to explain.

"Can't. I need to distract myself. Please." His face softened before he nodded.

"Fine. But if you're too tired or need to come back, just call me, Wilbur or Techno." I nodded and Phil sighed in relief. Phil left the roof shortly after, leaving me to get ready for work. It felt weird getting ready for work and not having to worry about my wings.

The potion had healed my back and now there were four identical scars, two more recent than the others. Two in-between my shoulder blades, and two underneath them.

Once I was finished getting ready I grabbed my spare bag that I keep here and walked down the stairs. According to Phil, Wilbur and Techno were out at work and Phil was the only one home.

Phil was probably in his office as I walked to the front door. Leaving the house I walked to work. There were pedestrians walking around, minding their own business. As I got closer to the hero tower there were more people.

People walked past the building, some stopping to look at it. Walking past them I entered the building, scanning my ID. Kristin was at the front desk this time. She smiled and waved at me as I passed. Returning the friendly greeting I walked to the elevator.

The elevator slowly rose to the Dream team floor. The music was still annoying but I didn't have the energy to break the speaker. As the elevator got higher my anxieties rose. What if the elevator fell? I wouldn't be able to stop my fall with my wings.

I think I now understand why people are afraid of heights.

Sighing in relief when the elevator doors slid open, I walked into the Dream team floor. This time they were there. Fundy and Purpled were also there.

"Grayson, Fundy. Trust us, we don't know where Tommy is yet. He usually arrives soon. Why are you so worried anyways?" Dream asked and Purpled and Fundy glared at him. Sapnap grimaced a bit at his friend's words.

"I don't know. Why are you two so worried about me?" I asked, walking into the room. Immediately all five people in the room turned to me. Sapnap Purpled and Fundy rushed forwards. Sapnap and Fundy hinged me while Purpled awkwardly stood behind, unsure what to do. Rolling my eyes I dragged him into the hug.

"It's nice to see you guys too. Now why are you all acting as if I was killed?" I asked. Sapnap glared at me while Fundy and Purpled rolled their eyes. George and Dream were standing confused a few paces away.

"Be careful!" Fundy whispered to me. I nodded. He smiled weakly before stepping back.

"Will someone please explain to us what's going on?" Dream finally asked.

"Don't worry about it." Smiling, I tried to ignore how high up we were. Purpled and Fundy eventually had to leave for their work. Before they left I started up the drone and was able to capture some interactions with them.

Dream, Sanpnap and George were busy with all the recent things happening. Eventually I decided to just turn off the camera, seeing as the things they were working on were probably confidential.

Walking over to them I tried to look at what they were looking at. They were sitting around the common area table, papers scattered across it and a laptop with videos cataloged.

"Where the hell is he?" Dream muttered.

"I don't really know. I haven't been able to find him either. Why did he even do that last night?" George.

"It would kind of make sense though. If you lost your wings Dream, you would also probably be devastated and think everything is hopeless." Sapnap pointed out. Finally I saw what they were looking over.

On the table there were several different pictures of Theseus, papers and documents about him. There were some news articles also. On the computer there were videos of me fighting villains, stopping petty crime and the two interactions with me and Nightmare.

Shuddering, I sat down at an empty seat at the table. The volume was down on the videos but I could still hear them like I was there again. They continued to look through the reports and papers on the table as I watched them.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked them. The three of them looked up, finally realizing I was there. An uncomfortable feeling made me tense when I looked into Dreams mask. I thought I was over it already.

"Oh, hey Tommy. We're just looking at thighs about Theseus. We think he knows more than he's letting on. We already talked to you about this but since the recent update, there may be more that we need to talk to him about." Dream explained simply. Brushing past how worrying that sounded I nodded.

"What do you have so far?" I asked. Dream picks up a paper and starts reading.

"Ok, so we have that he is around your age from what you told us. He has relations with Las Nevadas and of course his other allies that he has been spotted with. He had wings and he is most likely Icarus.

Suppressing a flinch I tried to ignore the phantom pains. Why do they keep bringing that up?

"He also seems to know XD and Nightmare from somewhere, we suspect that he is the Phoenix that he is talking about. His powers aren't really known. His powers can range from telekinesis to energy manipulation. He has relations to the Syndicate also, seeing as they rescued him from Nightmare." Dream continued talking and writing things down as he had more ideas.

The rest of the day was quite boring. The heroes were busy with reports and meetings about the recent events. Because of this I got to leave early. When I got home no one was there so I decided to take a nap. When someone gets home they'll probably wake me up. With that thought I drifted to sleep, not noticing the bright green and purple portal starting to form across the room. Oh well.

Sorry for the late update. I have writer's block so the chapter isn't the best. I probably won't be updating as much for a while because finals are coming up. I already had one of my AP Spanish tests a few days ago.

Anyways! I hope you enjoyed!

Have a nice day/night - WailingWispXD