Chapter 13: He's the hero. I'm the Villain.

A Few Nights has passed in the Beacon Academy Student dorms, Pyrrha Nikos looks out the window worriedly.

 Lie Ren loads StormFlower and Nora  jumping on her bed with team JNPR complete without their leader.

"How come Jaune gets home so late?"

"He's become rather scarce since he started fraternizing with Cardin."

That's weird... Doesn't he know we have a field trip tomorrow? We need our rest!"

"He has also missed a-lot training with me and Fujimaru, not that I mind it just being the two of us I guess..."

Nora and Ren just look at each other and then stare at Pyrrha knowing that she was lying.

 "B-But! I'm sure our leader knows exactly what he's doing."

"Mmmm... I guess so."

Jaune hangs his head down in shame as he recalled Y/N's words and closes the door, just as he closes his team's door, a  voice interrupts his thoughts.

Hey, Jaune!"

 Jaune is startled and turns around to see Ruby in her pyjamas. How cute heheheh.

 "Long time, no see! Did you lock yourself out again?"

"Oh, uh, nope!" 

Jaune raises his Scroll in a panic and attempting to laugh although does it horribly to which Ruby is envious of.

"Got it!"

"So! Where have you been lately?"

"I, uh..."

Jaune tries to come up with an excuse, but just sighs and lowers his head willing t tell Ruby his mistake.

"I messed up. I did something I shouldn't have, and now Cardin has me on a leash, and Pyrrha won't even talk to me, and... I'm starting to think coming to this school was a bad idea... I'm a failure."

"Nope!"

Jaune looks back up at the still energized girl and questions.

"Nope?"

"Nope! You're a leader now, Jaune. You're not allowed to be a failure."

"But... what if I'm a failure at being a leader?"

Ruby thinks about her answer for a bit, usually he would answer with single nope but she felt more confident today.

"Nope! Not happening. Sorry Jaune, Y/N, he told me something when I ask him if I was a failure at being a leader, he told me that all great things come out from something small so I'm following that example!"

Jaune hears her talk about Y/N and remembers his words from earlier on the roof-top. "You too can be become a hero." 

"You know, you're not the easiest person to talk to about this kind of stuff."

Jaune laughs a bit whilst still remembering Y/N's words with Ruby joining him on the floor. 

"Nope! Jaune, maybe you were a failure when you were a kid..."

Jaune groans at her remark and sinks lower to the ground in shame.

Y/N was sat outside team RWBY'S dorm and snickers as Ruby continues.

"... and you might've even been a failure the first day we met!" 

Jaune groans some more and goes lower still to which Y/N happily chuckles without them hearing.