Chapter 1 - Switched Seats

[Jessica's POV]

"Jessica! Breakfast is ready!" my mom called to me. I ignored her call, probably because I don't want to go to school or I'm just so lazy. Either way, it's still true. Like seriously, who loves going to school anyway? Doing homeworks, making projects, listening to every lesson with rainbows and butterflies? Okay let's face it. We learn same things every freaking year, don't they get tired of that? Isn't recess and lunch already enough for the day?

Anyways, I heard a bang on my door opening. Well, then I woke up... through the thump of the hardest pillow in this very house. My brother, Joshua, hit me with a pillow. So hard that it even managed me to jump off my bed. Sadly, I stepped on my blanket that was too soft that I slipped off the floor hitting my butt first. Why? Why have you betrayed me my beloved blanket?

I glared up my brother while rubbing my rear end. It really hurt! "Rise and shine shorty" my brother grinned. How dare he call me with that not-so-nice nickname? I stood up slowly, still glaring up at him.

Well, okay, he got the point where I am a shorty. As I was already on my legs, my brother was like 6 inches above me. He had brown wavy hair unlike me who had blonde, green eyes which came from my mother, and the scent of that manly smell... in a good way, at least. I walked passed my brother. "Aww not even a good morning hug?" he said grinning with such evil meaning to it.

"You hit me with a pillow. You're going to pay someday" I pointed my pointing finger at him and glared. I love my brother and all, and all of these were just everyday scenes of my everyday life, but come on, he's horrible.

But I still love him, you can call this one as 'Sibling Goals'. I played a little smirk while running out of the room.

"Hey mom!" I ran towards her and hugged her tightly.

"Good morning" she kissed my forehead. My eyes went wide when mom made my favorite breakfast meal, grilled cheese sandwiches and scrambled eggs! Yay! I just love my mom so much. I kissed mom's cheeks and dug in.

It's just a matter of minutes till I finished my breakfast. Geez I'm full! I think I could join the Biggest Loser or whatever. I burped like there's no tomorrow, took a shower, and got dressed. I'm actually not ready to go to school yet. Ugh. But I have to, right? I got out of the house and walked to school. School is just 4 blocks away so why not just walk than to waste money on a stupid bus full of people throwing spitballs?

-

I got into the school. Full of hey's and sup's ran across me. I just nodded in return. And there goes my best of friends in the entire world, Cassie and Abi. They're not-so-popular people but I love them to death.

"Hi Jessy!!!" Cassie hugged me. She's always the giddy and childish one. She's quite shorter than me and has blonde hair and sea green eyes.

"Good morning, Jess" Abi greeted. She's the tallest among us three. She's self-reserved, quiet, but she talks maturely enough. She has short black hair and dark brown eyes.

These girls are so gorgeous and why are they not in the popular section? Too bad they're not in my class though. If they were, then I would have been kicked out of school by now.

I was walking down the hallway then suddenly a guy bumped into me as I fell. Just how many falls should I get before this day ends? "Sh*t" I mumbled in pain.

"I'm sorry. Let me help you up" the guy reached my hand and damn he's so hot! He got those blonde wavy locks with that matching almost-perfect blue eyes. I nodded a 'no problem' and 'thank you' at the same time as he left. I heard his name was Lucas? If so, then I might just have a huge crush on him already.

-

As I walked in to class, some emo chick ran passed me. "Hey watch it!" I pushed her a little. She just looked at me with an emo look. Why are some people so annoying!? I hate them. The only thing I loved about this class are my seatmates around me. Them, and only them. Not anyone else but them. Anybody else in the background, I tend to hate.

Mrs. Johnson glared at me. I smirked playfully as I know what would happen. I am the class' so-called troublemaker. Why? Is it wrong making my fellow classmates laugh? I'm not being rude to the lesson, I'm just making it not boring. Mrs. Johnson went on the lesson. The reason I was so naughty was because of the people around me. I do something, they laugh, teacher glares, and then they blame it all on me. Sucks, yet so entertaining. I like helping out on them. I let out a cough, letting Mrs. Johnson paused to the lesson.

When she continued, I coughed again. Mrs. Johnson paused and stared at me fiercely. I waved at her and smiled. "If you won't stop, I swear I'll do something to you. So please behave, Ms. Roland!" Mrs. Johnson scolded. I nodded and showed my 'okay then' face. She continued.

Just kidding, I don't want my classmates be bored the hell of their lives, so why not try a new one. I let out a huge fake sneeze, making the whole class laugh, and Mrs. Johnson is burning smokes on her nose and ears. I chuckled a bit.

"Ms. Roland, I want you to transfer seats with Roneil" she commanded. I sighed and nodded. I picked up my bags saying goodbye to my neighbors which are my seatmates that surrounded me.

While I was walking towards Roneil's chair I couldn't believe what I was witnessing in the corner of my eyes. Guess who's the seatmate of the braniac, Laura Cook, in class?

Yeah, me. Ugh, why of all people, the nerdy chick would be my seatmate? I guess just being her seatmate is punishment enough. She kept reading her book. Was she always this weird?

"Okay let me get one thing straight. Don't touch me, don't talk to me, don't do anything that would just make me piss off! You got that?" I snapped at her. She just looked at me then back at her book.

"Oh God, are you ignoring my rules!?" I almost shouted.

She looked at me again with a blank expression and said "I'm just not interested right now" then continued reading her book. This couldn't get any weirder. I rolled my eyes and just slept through the period. To think that this emotionless smartypants would be my seatmate for 10 months.

This would be a long Senior Year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sup guys! This is my first ever story. I hope you appreciated my first chapter. Thanks. Comment down anything! Judgments, suggestions, wanting for an update, or whatever! Haha so yeah. I'll see ya guys around. ;)