Chapter 7 - Break The Walls

[Jessica's POV]

It's the day! Me, mom and dad were now ready to go to school. It's Saturday by he way. 

"Honey, come on!" dad called out to me. 

"Coming!" I ran down the stairs. I was patted on the head by Joshua "Good luck. Have a good day, shorty. I'll tell the Cafe manager that you had a rain check". 

"Thanks, beast. I owe you one" I smiled at my brother. He was so nice, I love him. 

"Jessica!"

"Alright!!!" I ran out the door seeing mom and dad outside the car. And the best part is, we're all wearing red. How cute is it? 

"Time for school, sweetie" dad opened the car door for me. I gladly went in. We're off!!!

-

It's nice how the school wants the students to bond with their parents. Why? Because some students neglect their parents. And some parents neglect their children. The school sympathizes them in every single way so they made this event. Speaking of parents problems, I wondered how Laura was doing. Was she going to this event? Is she going to have fun? Or... is she still upset about something that I must have said? Either way, I'll find out later.

Here we are. One of the biggest events a school could ever have. And one of the most special. I smiled when dad hugged me. 

"We have to enjoy ourselves, ok? We can face challenge per challenge together... as a team" dad said. Mom circled her hands on my back 

"As long as we're together, sweetie". I nodded in return. 

Inside, there were lots and lots of balloons, decorations, food and games. A banner that says "Welcome Parents and Students!". Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to enjoy this.

We went to multiple games already. Me and dad were playing table tennis and we're killing it! As our opponent hits the ping pong ball, dad races to it and hits the winning shot. We won! We won, I tell you! I hugged my dad and he hugged back. It's so nice having my dad here. I missed him so much. 

"Hello dearies" mom said holding out 2 ice cream cones. 

"Thanks mom" I took the ice cream and kissed her on the cheek. 

"I heard there's this next challenge that are parents only" I suggested. 

"Are you sure you would be fine here, Jessica?" dad asked. 

"I'll be there, cheering both of you on." I grinned. They both nodded and went to the game. Wait, dad already finished his ice cream? Wow, he's one hungry man.

-

As I went to the Parents Only Dance Game, I saw Cassie and Abi. "Well, you two didn't invite me" I said. 

"JESSY!!!!" the giddy Cassie hugged me tightly. 

"hey Jess" Abi greeted me as well. 

I also missed this two so much. Even though we just saw each other yesterday. I saw my parents already on their stages. Versus... Cassie's parents!? 

"My parents are sooo going to be better" Cassie said. 

"I doubt that" I replied rolling my eyes but grinning.