Chapter 12 - Revelation

Again... another short chapter. But it has a point, at least. :) Bear with me, ok?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Jessica's POV]

Okay so, it has been 4 days and yeah, Laura's out of the hospital. I was happy to know that she was okay and everything after she wrapped me up because there was a truck going towards us. She's still a heroine until now, huh? Luke never even saves me or something that Laura does. Now maybe I could compare the both of them. Heck, I don't even know what I'm saying.

It's Bio class. It's the only class where me and Laura are far away from each other. Seating arrangements these days. I really wanted her to tutor me, for Pete's sake! Yeah, sure, i may be a responsible persevering child, but Bio's one of my failing subjects. And I just really don't get it! I slid my hands across my face as I think about the discussion of Mr. Watts. Laura, I want you back. Well, that sounded really wrong!

Recess. I went to Laura and suddenly put my head on her shoulders.

"Ohhhhh gosh, I missed you" even though it's the most inappropriate thing for me to say, I honestly did.

"Yeah.... yeah, i missed you too, cupcake" she pat my back, awkwardly. Now she's uncomfortable. I put my head up and told her

"I just don't get why Biology ever existed!!! UGH!" I groaned and smacked Laura's table.

"Woah, easy there." she laid her hand on my shoulder "I'll teach you. No worries!"

She smirked. There she goes again.

We were greeted by our two buds, "Hey guys"

"JESSY!!!! LAURA!!!" I waved at them and Laura just simply smiled at them. Sadly, it's just a short amount of time of conversation between us and these two. The bell rang and it's time for Math. Good 'Ol Math. I shrugged so all the problems are set aside.

I waited for Laura. She was in the bathroom. "Come on" she said. Oh there she is. I chuckled. And then classes went on.

The lunch bell rang. I headed out towards the door with Laura. Then somebody texted me.

Laura looked at me curiously and I just simply said "It's fine, no biggie"

It was a text from Lucas. He said he needed me inside the janitor's closet. No, nothing dirty's going to happen.

"Umm Laura. I'll be right back, okay?" I said and headed towards the closet thing.

[Laura's POV]

After that, she never came back. Classes went on and she was not in her seat. Did she got sick or something? With that thought, it made me worried. Really worried. I'm alone, damnit. I'm alone again, thanks a lot Jessica. I put my head down to sleep. I have no interest in any class if Jessica's not here beside me. Why did I just say that? I actually don't know. Strong feelings? I don't know! It feels weird.

Dismissal bell rang and I walked fast towards the gate. There's practically no sign of Jessica at all. I'm so worried oh my gosh. I put my hand on my forehead thinking... 'If I was Jessica, where should I be hiding?'. I have no clue. She won't hide. She's brave. She really is.

"Ugh okay okay okay. Uhhhhhh... gosh why is thinking so damn hard for a smartass like me!?" I whispered to myself, making me kick the trash can.

"Well someone's pissed" Abi startled me. I jumped in surprise. "Looking for something?" she asked. I told her.