Chapter 14 - Mistletoe

[Laura's POV]

I have picked the best Christmas gift for this little one. I smiled as I looked at my gift which is the sweater with the cute little kittens on it. I remembered that. I have been attempting to wrap this freaking thing for like 5 hours already and I still can't get it done!!! Oh, if you still have not know it yet, the group (includes me, Jessica, Cassie, and Abi) are having like a Christmas hang out today. It's almost 3 in the afternoon, the three went to buy some Christmas treats, while I stayed at my apartment STILL WRAPPING THIS GODAMN THING. I felt frustrated.

I have no experience in wrapping stuff at all. Sure, I'm smart but hell, I'm not skillful! Maybe because I had no one in my life to give a gift for! I always spent my Christmas alone! Well that was a little sad, now was it? Gladly, my savior came. Abi walked in my apartment with a bag.

"Hey" she stated.

"Yo" I answered back.

"Where are the others?" I added.

"Still shopping, I guess. I just came back here because I thought you needed some help over here" she answered. SHE'S A MIND-READER. I nodded my head and she smiled.

"So, I heard you have these strong feelings for Jessica, I see" Abi said while cutting the wrapper. I instantly blushed and shook my head

"NO! WHAT? HOW? WHO? YES! MAYBE!"

She just let out a chuckle. "You know, every single day of our school bonding thing, we really felt like you changed" she stated. I looked at her confused. "You've been constantly laughing all the time. And, wow, I never knew you were such a humorous person" she added.

"It was nothing" I said still blushing.

"Come to think of it, maybe there's a reason behind those emotions of yours." My face heated up again!

"I feel exactly the same way about Cassie..." she paused. "You might think I'm boring all the time because I'm so self-reserved, got nothing more to say but like two phrases. But hey, Cassie's always there to cheer me up. My day always brighten when she's around. She's so excited all the time and I can't help but smile as well."

Wow, Abi is so deep with words. "And I was thinking, that Jessica's doing the same for you, huh?"

I let out a small nod. Ica and Cassie burst right in the door. I jumped lightly, surprised. Abi chuckled "We just can't go on a day without them, huh?"

"Yeah" I smiled.

-

We're out in some place where there are so many food stands and activities. A Christmas Eve afternoon with these chumps. I just saw Jessica staring at a Starbucks stand. Why is there a Starbucks stand here!? Anyways, I pulled her earlobe.

"OW! LAURA THAT HURT!". Tsk, this sensitive little chick.

"If you want Starbucks, you could have just told me!" I said walking towards the stand. I ordered her something, I guess. I'm not actually a big fan of these but hey, she looked excited, so why not?

"Starbucks has been my favorite since 13!" she said cheerfully as she took a sip. I smiled at that.

We had small talks with Abi. Until she was suddenly pulled by Jessica and showed her a fish in a pond that looked exactly like her. While Abi smacked her head yelling at Jessica. I chuckled.

"Ohhhh! Love, isn't it?" Cassie said out of the blue.

"HUH!? Shut up" I answered quickly.

"You know, Laura..." she started. "Jessica loves Christmas".