Chapter 3 - Lucas

[Jessica's POV]

Me and Laura are actually getting pretty close so far. Whenever I needed money to buy food for myself, she would always sneak up behind me suddenly giving me money. I gladly agreed on her offers though, she was just being nice anyway. We're still seatmates and everything's going well for me. I mean, to be sitting next to the smartypants? I think I could pass. No, not by cheating. Laura tutors me a little when she has the time. She's so smart that I don't even know myself anymore. A few moments later it was recess.

Why can't I stop looking at him? I swear, if I get money of every time I look at him or even think about him, I would have own a mansion! But really, he might be blonde like me, but he looks hot in every single way. Sometimes he might caught a glance from me but good thing i quickly look away to avoid his mesmerizing eyes. I'm sitting on a staircase, still staring at, again, I guess his name was Lucas. He laughed when his friend might told him a joke. Aww he looked cute when he laughed. 

"You really like him, huh?". 

"Yeah- wait WHAT?" I jumped off and looked at my back. That familiar sound and smirk. 

"You know what? I'll help you out with him. Lucas and I were very close when we were kids, you know" Laura said. Actually, I do want her to help me. So I nodded in agreement. "Hey Lucas! Over here!"

"This is Jessica Roland. A seatmate of mine. Well, bye!" Laura said running away as quickly as possible. I gave her an 'Are you freaking serious?' look with matching hand gestures. Lucas let out a chuckle. I blushed. Can't he be a little too cute?

"Hi. Lucas is the name. But since I think you're kind of different, call me Luke." he smiled at me. He called me 'different'. I still blushed. We talked about stuff and more stuff that it's not even worth to say. And sooner or later, I was asked out. By Lucas Cane. The guy I have been crushing on since the 3rd week of school. Oh. My. Gosh.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

It was Friday night and me and Luke were on a date at some fancy restaurant that even I couldn't pronounce the name. Yeah, I called him Luke already.

"Umm... Sometimes, I'm not good with words" he let out a laugh. He has been telling me random stuff about him lately. I couldn't help but think that he's trusting me with his all. I blushed as he still spoke, not breaking the conversation since that would be too awkward. 

"I have liked you for so long" I suddenly said. I realized that I said it too loud that my eyes widened and my face became red and hot as chili. That was too embarrassing. He sighed in... relief? Then he smiled at me.

-

The next thing I know is, me and Luke are in a relationship now. Fast, was it? 

I can't believe it. my dream man became my boyfriend. Hurray! I swear I'll love him for good and I'll try not to break his heart. He sent me home and told me "Goodnight". I replied that also in return. 

"I'm home!" I shouted. 

"How was the date, shorty?" Joshua said. 

I knew where this was going. He was the first one to greet me, probably because mom's not here again for a whole week. 

She was always busy since dad went abroad to work. Yeah, you might think our family's so close, but we're actually not. Just me and my brother, staying strong. I smiled at Joshua