Chapter 4 - I Don't Hate You

[Jessica's POV]

I closed my eyes. This was so weird. How come I feel warmth and not broken shards of glass? Why is there a soft thing around me instead of blood? 

"You should have watched your way". 

Just as I thought. 

I went out of the person's arms and looked at... her. There she was, Laura. It's quite a surprise to see her around here. And woah, she saved me. Laura saved me. That still shocked me until now because Laura would have just put cold shoulders on me. But hey, like I said, she was just being nice so just go with it. 

She smiled. Wow.

"Umm... Thank you, Laura" I put my head down, trying to hide my blush. Wait, blush? I'm blushing? Oh it's because she saved me. 

"I'll walk you home" she finally stated. I wanted to stop her but I couldn't. Now, we were walking to my home. Home. No, house. A home is where the 'whole' family lives. It's not home without my parents. And as soon as I know it, I'm at my house now. 

"Be careful next time" she said walking away. 

"Laura!" I called out. I don't know why. "I'll repay my gratitude to you!" I suddenly blurted out. Repay? Really, Jessica?

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

It was already Monday. I did the usual routine. Got dressed. And headed to school. I bumped into someone and she immediately said 'sorry' so scarily. Woah, was I this scary to people back then? "No, no. I'm sorry." I smiled. After these weeks, I have been completely nice to people. Thanks to Laura. Geez, she had this crazy effect on me that I don't even understand. I went in the classroom and of course, Laura's reading a book.

"Good morning." I started. 

"Yo" she replied looking back at her book. I told you she had a cold shoulder, sometimes. The classes started and finally, lunch came. 

I went out and go find my two best friends, I have been checked out lately on them because of projects and Luke, of course. They waved at me. Phew. Good thing they're not mad at all. 

"Hi Jessy!!!" there goes adorable Cassie. 

"Whaddup Jess" oh, and Abi too! I love seeing these two girls. They make me feel so calm. As I sat on the seat they suddenly asked me 

"So! How are things between you and Laura?" Cassie chuckled. 

Wait wtf. What kind of question is that? 

"Yeah, I'm curious too. You two are like secretly close or something" Abi stepped in. 

"If that's it, then I would want to know also" Laura sai- LAURA!? Since when did she came to the cafeteria for lunch? 

I blushed with embarrassment and lightly punched Laura on the shoulders. "Idiot, there's nothing going on between us." I replied. 

Laura smirked "Really?". 

"Yeah, yeah. And I have a boyfriend so..." 

Laura's face became pale and turned her head down letting her bangs fall on her face as if she was hiding her eyes. The smile became a frown. 

What happened? Was it something I said? 

She then looked back at me and smiled widely again. She really looked beautiful, I gotta say. What.