Chapter 9 - Halloween

[Laura's POV]

"So in Halloween, you like to go to some haunted houses?" I asked. She shook her head 

"No, I'm scared of the dark". She chuckled. 

"I see" I nodded. We were decorating the back field of Southeast High, our school if you haven't know it yet, for our Halloween Party tonight. 

Actually, Jessica was the one who volunteered. She's been working pretty hard. So I helped her out. She was holding a load of boxes on her hands, I quickly grabbed the half. 

"Oh! Thanks" she said surprisingly.

Jessica was about to set up the last decoration which is the other side of the banner. Apparently, she was too short for it. So I grabbed her waist and lifted her up a bit so she could reach it. As I put her down, she put her hands on her face which I know what was going. That adorable signature blush. 

"Hey Ica" I smirked "About the 'Test of Courage' thing...".

The Test of Courage is about, well, test of courage! You would get a pair and you would have to go through the woods. You would walk in a big circle and you should come back at the first destination, alive. There are some scary obstacles ahead like people in scary masks. Great creepy make-ups and everything. Our Test of Courage is that we have to ask someone to be our pair. Yeah, it's a big twist.

"Me and Lucas are going" she smiled. Of course she will. Why am I so affected by it? Wait, was I supposed to ask her to be my pair? Hell no that won't happen. I mean she has this hatred of not hate towards me. I can't explain it either. 

"Who are you going with though?" she asked. I looked at her. 

"I'm not going to ask someone" I smirked 

"At least it's you who I'll ask" I smirked bigger. Her face was so bright red, it's cute when I get to tease her. She punched me on my arm 

"Ow!"

"Don't plan on anything stupid with me, Laura" she rolled her eyes.

"Hey Laura, let's go shopping" she said. "Umm sure" I answered. So we walked to the mall.

[Jessica's POV]

"I think I'm going to buy this one for tonight" I said. 

I was talking about a black undershirt with a white cropped top with black skulls and a ripped jeans. 

"Awesome" Laura complimented. 

"So what are you going to buy?" I asked curiously. 

"Nothing, I guess. I got everything I need." she replied. Well duh, her past must mean she was rich, so when her parents deceased, she's the heir of their every fortune. 

Laura was staring at headbands, especially the one with the cat ears. I suddenly remembered Ariana Grande. I chuckled "I think you'll look great on that, Laura" I suggested and walked to the cashier.

-

"Wait, you got his number!?" I laughed. 

"Yeah" she shrugged while texting the guy back.

No matter how much I wanted to support her with him, there's still something holding me back. Like it's affecting me super but not. Get it? No? Okay then.