Chapter 13 - Part Of The Family

[Cassie's POV ~short~]

After some walk in a national park, finally time to rest. I went towards the place where the benches are at. From there, I caught a glimpse of Laura and Jessy. Not to be nosey but, I had to know what's all the hugging about.

"Do you love him?" I heard Laura asked.

"Yeah" Jessy answered. Aww geez, seriously girl? I heard every single detail. And as soon as I know it, Jessica ran away smiling. And oh my freaking gawd, Laura's crying. Like definitely crying.

"JESSICA!!!" I heard her yell and run.

I got caught, obviously. Laura went towards me with those puffy eyes of hers.

She said "Did that answer your question?"

And with that, she walked away. So she does. I smiled at that. And I hope Jessica would feel the same way at least.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

[Laura's POV]

I woke up with a headache. Oh come on, I always feel like this. But this... this is a different headache. It's temporary yet so meaningful. It hurts like hell. Just like when I think about Jessica with Lucas all the time. OH RIGHT! Holy fudgeballs, I totally forgot about that! About that I realized that I'm in love with Ica. Ugh, why? Why ever fall in love with someone who's totally straight and won't love you back? But then, a totally opposite question comes to mind. What's not to love?

"Oh right" I muttered to myself just as I realized it's Friday today. I got up and went to the bathroom. My apartment isn't so bad at all. Small, but it's comfortable. While I was taking a shower, I couldn't help but sing.

  I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing
Just prayed to a God that I don't believe in

So I chose this song, huh?

  'Cause I got time while she got freedom
'Cause when a heart breaks, no, it don't break even

Weird.

Her best days were some of my worst

How come this song is...

She finally met a man that's gonna put her first

So realistic.

  While I'm wide awake she's no trouble sleeping
'Cause when a heart breaks no it don't break even

Whatever this is...

  What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you?
And what am I supposed to say when I'm all choked up and you're OK?
I'm falling to pieces, yeah,

I just rather got in the moment, I guess.

I got out of the shower and got dressed. Suddenly, what I just sang, man I loved my voice at that time. But at the same time, it's horrible.

[Jessica's POV]

"LAURA YOU MOROOOOON!!!" I threw Laura my bag at her face. She was hilariously surprised. Wait, I forgot I was totally mad at her.

"OW! WHY'D YOU DO THAT!?" she yelled.

I punched her shoulder "DON'T PLAY DUMB WITH ME!"

"I'M NOT!!!" true that though.

I groaned "WHY DIDN'T YOU WALK WITH ME TO SCHOOL!?"

Oh so that was my problem. Why's that a problem to me? It's totally cool not having Laura here by my side. Wait that's soooo the complete opposite of that.