Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Y/n's POV

You finally arrived at the mist estate to see Muichiro sitting on the porch eating ramen. He  looked at you with no emotion before getting up and walked over to you.

You thought he was just going to give you some praise for completing Final selection, but you didn't expect what he did. He pulled you into a tight embrace, the grip he had on you clearly signified he was worried for you.

You slowly hugged back, not expecting him to be like this. You asked in worry,
" Are you okay?"

He pulled away from the hug before nodding and ruffled your hair. You pouted from his action, still wondering if he's starting to show emotion towards you, but only small hints.

He broke the silence,
" I made you some ramen. It's not as good as you made it, but it's alright,"

You chuckled before walking inside, thanking him on the way. You began to eat it, not realising how you missed the taste of normal food and meals. You didn't notice Muichiro was showing a smile that was barely noticeable to the eye.

After you ate your ramen, you placed yours and Muichiro's bowl in the sink and began to wash them, ignoring Muichiro's protests that he'll wash them. Eventually, he just gave up.

Once you did the pots, you yawned quietly as you rubbed your eyes, the exhaustion of the week catching up to you. Muichiro sighed heavily,
" Go to bed for a bit, you must be tired. You need to gain your energy,"

You looked at him before nodding and walked into your room, which was down the hall from the kitchen. You closed the door and got changed into a fresh kimono, deciding that you'll have a shower later.

You tucked yourself into your futon, which felt miles better than tree bark before you fell asleep almost instantly.

                   ////////————-////////

The next day

" please?"

" no,"

" C'mon! I'll make ramen for two weeks!"

" no,"

" I'll, um, train more?"

" Still no,"

You pouted at Muichiro's constant declines of you doing his hair. You wanted to put it in a hairstyle other than it being down, he did have really long hair after all.

He leant against the kitchen counter with his arms crossed, leaving the room to go silent for a few moments,
" Why don't we go into the market today? There should be some stalls out for you to look at,"

Your eyes sparkled in excitement as you nodded your head excitedly. You've never bought any human stuff before, especially not shopping in a human area. You grabbed your purse from your drawer before setting off with Muichiro.

It took at least 10 minutes walking there to see all kind of stalls and booths were available, all selling different things. You felt Muichiro grab your sleeve and move closer beside you when you went into the crowd, not wanting to get lost somehow. No doubt he would forget were he was going and lose you.

You smiled at him before suggesting,
" Why don't we go to the food stall first? What would you like?"

" Simmered radish dressed with sweet miso,"

You nodded and grabbed your purse from your pocket, ready to get the money out. A firm hand stopped you from doing so as you looked at Muichiro, confused by his action.

He shook his head,
" I'll pay,"

Being the stubborn person you are, you shook your head with a chuckle,
" It's fine, Muichiro, I'll pay for both of us,"

He shook his head and stepped forward at the booth before ordering the food, already getting his wallet out. You were going to protest until he sent you a glare. You couldn't tell whether it was a playful glare or an actual glare.

He gave the money to the woman as he grabbed the food. He handed you your mochi and dango as you stared at the food,
" I feel bad now,"

" Don't be, I wanted to pay for it,"

You just sighed heavily and ate your food, soon finding a bench to sit on the way. You both ate in silence as you watched people walk by before sensing a strange aura coming from an alley way.

You stared at the darkness of the alley way before recognising the aura. It was a demon. You looked at Muichiro, to see that he had gathered the information from how long you stared at the alleyway.

" Stay here,"

You looked at him, concerned for his safety despite him being a hashira. You knew that the firework festival was going to start soon since the sun was coming down in an hour or so.

You watched him walk calmly into the alley way, wanting nothing more to check on his safety. You placed your food beside his before following him in secret before smelling the smell of blood.

Your eyes widened in shock before running in, feeling adrenaline rise within you. Your heart rate increased from worry to see the ashes of the demon that had been beheaded. You sighed in relief before glancing at Muichiro.

He had a deep wound on his forearm, that was quite large. You grabbed his arm gently and inspected it in worry,
" Your arm is bleeding heavily, we need to get medical attention,"

You ripped some of your kimono off at the bottom before wrapping it tightly around the wound. He inspected your movement, confused at why you cared for his safety. He was an emotionless demon slayer who cared nothing more but to slay demons. Why would you care for such a person?

You made him sit on the bench with the food before running to a stall down the street that sold medical equipment. You grabbed the bandages and disinfected before thanking them and running towards him, ignoring the confused stares of some people in the crowd.

You placed some rubber gloves on before slowly lifting his sleeve up, only to reveal the large gash wound, which was dripping down his arm. You began to wipe the wound with the disinfectant, noticing how the glint in his eyes refused to show the pain. Once you cleaned it, you wrapped the bandage around it to keep it secure.

" Thank you,"

You smiled at him with a nod before taking the stained gloves off and throwing them in the bin beside you. Checking to see if your hands were clean, which they were, you continued to eat your food.