Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Chapter 11

Y/ n's POV

You hummed quietly to yourself as you got ready for bed. You wore a F/C, thin layered night gown to go to sleep in. Your hair was tied into a low ponytail, keeping it out of the way.

You kissed Muichiro good night before walking into your room and falling asleep in your futon. A good night sleep was what you needed right now.

During the night, you were awoken by someone softly shaking you awake. Sleepily, you opened your eyes, rubbing them with a small yawn. You looked to see Muichiro knelt down next to you.

You sat up,
" Are you alright?"

He responded, his voice emotionless but you noticed it was shaky,
" I had a nightmare. Do you think I could stay with you for a little while?"

You chuckled before moving over in your futon, letting him snuggle beside you. He placed his head on your chest with his arms wrapped around your waist. You began to play with his hair for him to fall asleep quicker, which worked.

You pecked his forehead before falling back asleep, mainly because Muichiro's warmth was comfy. You barely heard it, but you somehow knew what he said,
" I love you,"

                     ////////————////////

The next day, you were ready to go on your new mission. You placed the hairpin Muichiro bought you in his hair before strapping your katana around to your waist.  You kissed Muichiro a goodbye before disappearing in the trees.

" Please be safe, Y/n,"

A few hours later, you arrived at your destination to see you'd arrived at a village. It wasn't like any other village you've been to, it was more gloomy and depressing.

You looked around to see the townspeople didn't even show a smile. They kept looking down at the ground, avoiding eye contact with other people.

You walked over to an old lady who was selling fruit,
" Excuse me, has there been any disappearances lately?"

She responded, her voice radiating depression and sadness,
" The towns children have been missing for a while now. Every night, at least one is taken. People try to investigate, only to end up missing also,"

You thanked her as you looked around your surroundings. The sun should set in a few minutes, which was helpful in your case. The sooner you slay this demon, the sooner you can go back to Muichiro.

An awful smell filled your senses, making you want to vomit on the spot. You glanced at an eerie exit that led into the woods. Most people would avoid the woods from how creepy it looked, but you followed the smell into the woods.

You jumped over cobwebs and ran through the thick fog. The air was thick, making it hard to breathe. The branches hissed at you as you ran by them, the leaves falling everywhere.

You stopped running to see a cave in the distance, which was surrounded by bones. Your theory was that the towns people were to scared to go into these woods, so they avoided it.

You glared at the cave, stepping over bones and walked in the eerie entrance. You felt as if you were walking through the tunnel of death.

" What do we have here? Another demon slayer?"

A female voice echoes through the cave before all the torches that were lit on the walls exploded with flame, brightening up the cave. You saw a female demon resting on a pile of bones with unconscious children chained to the walls in the corner. They were dirty and clearly starved.

The female demon had long, dark purple hair and wore and ripped, white dress. Her skin was a pale green and she had piercing, pink eyes.

She jumped off the pile of bones and sent an attack, which you dodged with ease.

First form; Low clouds, Distant Haze

Mist surrounded you as you moved at the speed of lightning, cutting her arms clean off. She growled in frustration before regenerating in an instant. She managed to slash you on the waist, making you flinch from the pain.

Second form; Eight layered mist

You were to fast for her to see, and the next thing she knew, her head was on the floor. She yelled insults at you as she faded to ash.

You slashed the chains with your katana before guiding the children back to the village. Their parents saw them in the crowd before running over with tears in their eyes, bringing them close. They thanked you repeatedly as your heart warmed up.

You nodded in response before disappearing like a flash of lightning.

                    ///////————//////

Muichiro's POV

He was training outside by himself, waiting patiently for you to come back. He wiped the sweat that was dripping down his forehead before hearing footsteps on the pathway.

His heart lit up, but his face stayed emotionless. He walked over to the noise, ready to engulf you in a hug before an excruciating pain emerged in his stomach.

He looked to see Minato grinning like a maniac, holding a dagger that glowed dark green. Muichiro wanted to fight back and use total concentration breathing, but his body dropped to the floor.

Muichiro couldn't move his body at all, he was in to much pain. The dark green liquid sunk into his skin, causing him to bite his lip, trying to conceal his scream.

" Finally! You've gone! Y/n is mine now!"

Minato kicked Muichiro in the face, sending him into a tree. Muichiro could feel his vision fading, and he had a feeling he won't wake up ever again if he does.

He knew this guy was a god, meaning it was child's play killing a human in his eyes.

" Minato!"