Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Y/n's POV

15 days later,

You were brushing your hair on the porch whilst humming softly to yourself. The sun shown brightly amongst the estate as the breeze moved the tree leaves.

You glanced down at Muichiro, who had his head resting on your lap whilst staring at the clouds. He loved listening to you sing, whether it was a hum or a tune. He found your voice angelic.

You placed the comb down before playing with his hair, making him feel even more relaxed than he already was. He leant into your touch before glancing at you, in response, his heart began to race once more.

The sound of bells interrupting his thoughts as you both looked to see your sword smith. Muichiro secretly glared daggers at him for ruining the peaceful moment as he sat up, much to his disappointment.

The sword smith bowed before grabbing a long, narrow box that he carried with him,
" A sword for Y/n L/n?"

You smiled at him before he handed you the katana. You picked it up in awe as you watched the blade change colour. It faded from gold to white, not to mention the handle was a midnight black.

The sword smith stared at it in shock and awe, not expecting it to turn into such a beautiful colour. After a few minutes, he soon left, leaving you and Muichiro alone again.

Muichiro just sighed before placing his head on your lap once more, enjoying your body warmth.

Meanwhile with the gods

Y/n's Mother paced back and forth in the throne room. She felt incredibly sick from worry. She kept blaming herself for your disappearance, thinking that they were to hard on you.

However, the Father didn't think so. He thought that he'd not gone to far with you and the rules. In fact, he didn't feel guilty at all. All he wanted was his daughter to marry a rich family for business.

The throne room doors opened, gaining everyone's attention. Two guards walked in with nervous expressions, worried at how their royals are going to react with the news.

They knelt down in respect,
" Your majesty, we have located the princess,"

Queen Inari's face lit up from the news as hope finally began to boil within her. She asked,
" Where is she?"

The other guards responded,
" She has travelled to the human realm, disguising as a human,"

The tension between the royals arose. The Father clenched his fists in anger and frustration, whereas Inari just looked disappointed. She felt as if she had let her daughter down and it did hurt.

The King glanced at Minato,
" Will you go down into the human realm and fetch her? If she doesn't do as she is told then tell her she will regret it,"

He gave a surprised expression but nodded in understanding. He left the castle before getting an amulet from the royal sorcerer for transport. The amulet glowed a dark green as a light surrounded him, along with a green like smoke.

The next thing he knew was that he was in the woods. In the human realm.

He changed his attire by wearing a black haori and oversized pants and a top.

" You can't hide forever, Y/n,"

                   ///////——————///////

Y/n's POV

You chuckled as you looked down at Muichiro,
" You've been awfully drifty the past few days, what's on your mind?"

His gaze turned from the clouds to you, which still remained no emotion within them. He had been thinking about you, not the clouds. He wanted to confess, but he was afraid you wouldn't like him back. Besides, he is just a low human being compared to you.

He sat up before turning to you, surprising you slightly. He thought for a moment before breaking the silence,
" Promise me that you won't be mad?"

You placed your hand over his, sending him a kind smile,
" I could never be mad at you, Muichiro,"

He hesitated before gently placing his hand on your chin, pulling it towards his. Your cheeks heated up from the action as your heart rate increased rapidly.

The next thing you knew his lips were on yours. You were frozen for a few moments before kissing him back. You wrapped your arms around his neck whilst playing with a strand of his hair.

Muichiro grew more confident as he placed his other hand on your waist, gently pulling you closer. The kiss was soft yet passionate. You knew in that moment that you had found love. You had found the one for you.

A few minutes later, you pulled away with a small smile. Muichiro exclaimed,
" I like you, Y/n, you're different from other girls. I like you a lot,"

A warm feeling bubbled in your heart and stomach at his confession. You pecked his lips,
" I like you too,"

Your eyes widened in disbelief. Muichiro was smiling. It may be a small one but it was the first time you've seen him show emotion.