Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Y/n's POV

The sun soon set to see all the festive lights had been lit, the streets looked like a treasure chest from all the vibrant colours. Your eyes sparkled in the moonlight as Muichiro looked at you, not knowing how you looked so beautiful.

A small shine caught his eye to see a hair pin that was in a booth. What caught his eye about it was that it was the shape of a cloud, which had tiny little diamonds in to make it shine.

You were about to tell Muichiro something but he was gone, nowhere to be seen. You began to panic as questions ran through your head like a broken record. You felt someone tap your shoulder, causing you to turn around.

You looked to see Muichiro holding a small gift bag. You hugged him tightly in response, surprising him by his action,
" Don't make me worry like that again! I thought you left me or something,"

He patted your head as an action to comfort you before passing you the bag. You glanced at him with a look of surprise before opening it. To see a beautiful cloud hair pin. Your eyes widened at the gift,
" Muichiro, you didn't have too. I - ,"

He clasped both of your hands in his before shaking his head, signalling you it was alright and that it was for you. He pushed your hands gently towards your chest, wanting you to keep it.

You thanked him before placing it in your hair. He showed a small smile when you did so, not knowing that a spark within him lit up that day.

You mumbled,
" Now I want to buy you something,"

You looked at all the booths, trying to spot anything his taste before seeing a dark blue bracelet. You grabbed his wrist in excitement before dragging him towards the booth. You bought the bracelet before placing it on his wrist with a smile.

" Now we're even,"

He hummed in response as he stared at the gift, not showing any emotion in doing so. He looked into the distance before gently grabbing your hand and led you onto a rooftop of a building.

You asked,
" Why are we up here?"

He tugged on your sleeve, signalling you to sit down. You did so before sitting down beside him, he pointed at the night sky,
" Just watch,"

You did what he said, staring at the night sky until you waited for what he was waiting for. That was until a high pitched sound was heard before an explosion of colour blasted in the sky. Fireworks. You stared at them in awe, not believing for a moment that you were experiencing this.

You had read about them all the time in the human festival books, you never thought you'd see them in person.

Muichiro glanced at you, to see the fireworks reflecting in your eyes. He felt different towards you. Somehow, he couldn't hate you like he would do to other people weaker than him.

He placed his hand over were his heart is, clenching his uniform in confusion and surprise. His heart rate had increased just by looking at you. He had no idea what was happening, but he knew one person who would know. Mitsuri Kanroji.

After the fireworks, you both decided to head back to the estate since it was getting late. You both walked through the woods in silence before you broke it with a smile,
" Thank you, Muichiro. Tonight has been the best night ever,"

He looked at you with an emotionless expression, but nodded at your statement. You both arrived at the estate and immediately got dressed into some clothes to sleep in before making a midnight supper before bed.

You decided to quickly make some rice balls, which Muichiro loved. He had thanked you for the food before walking down the hallway and closed the door behind him in his room.

You chuckled at his action before doing the same with your room. You tucked yourself into your futon before falling asleep.

///////—————-//////

A few days later

Muichiro's POV

Muichiro decided that he'll visit the love hashira for some advice of the weird feelings he's been having towards you. His heart rate would increase just by looking at you and he would always feel a tingling feeling in his stomach when you're around.

He knocked on Mitsuri's door, only for it to be opened a few seconds later. She squealed in excitement at the sight of Muichiro, already knowing why he visited because of his letter he sent a few days ago.

She dragged him in and sat down on a table in her estate, which had lots of bowls of food on. Muichiro explained to her about his feelings, noticing how her aura became more excited by the second.

" You're falling in love!"

He winced at the sudden high pitched voice as he tried to process the information. Not once has Muichiro ever fallen in love, he was practically emotionless. It seems as if you had broken a wall within his heart that stopped him from feeling towards othet people.

He thought for a moment before realising instantly about the situation.

He was in love. With You