3

I was awakened by the familiar sensation of my ankle. The morning wasn't as bright and there was light pattering against the window. I stare at the window with a slow breath. I flexed my feet down meeting a toned leg.

"Good morning, Yuko. Why do you keep touching my ankle?" My eyes never leave the window while I attempt to mentally wake up.

"My apologies, it's something I always do. I can try to stop." Yuko withdrew his touch making me turn to face him. He was sitting on the end of my bed like an elf on the shelf, just sheepishly smiling twiddling his thumbs.

His hair was a wavy mess, with sparce hair growing on his face, his lips were swollen and smooth. Ugh why he does he have a damn girl?

I can tell he wasn't in my room that long. He look like he did the bare minimum, brushing his teeth and washing his face but he still looks like he just woke up with puffy cheeks.

His eyes diverge to look at my side figure before looking at his hands, nodding at something. I rubbed my foot against his right leg to get his attention. "Are you congested? Your cheeks are puffy."

He nods again silently, growing more awkward but he's starting to look somewhat depressed. "What's up, why the long face?" I ask.

"Um... nothing. You just reminded me of a friend that died a while ago. My bad I didn't mean to go all dark and stuff." He sighs before standing.

"No, no... wait. I'm sorry for your loss, Yuko. Do you want a hug? I smell like morning but a hug never hurt." I raise up scooting to the end of my bed. Yuko sits back down sort of disheveled with glossy eyes. I wrapped my arms around his neck gently as he melts into my body squeezing my waist closer to his body. He buries his face into my neck spilling his tears against my skin.

I wanted to cry with him, my goodness. The weight of his body suffocated me but I didn't care. He grips my shirt sobbing harder. "I loved her. I was in love with her."

I caress the back of his head pulling him closer for support. I rocked us back and forth and it felt like he was becoming a little kid. "It's okay. Let it out."

We stayed like this for a while and I let him calm down. I pulled away wiping his tears as he searched in my eyes with hurt. My lips pressed against the top of his head gently.

Why are you kissing to man's head?

I pulled away abruptly, patting his shoulders. "You can stay in here for a bit. I have to freshen up."

"Yeah... yeah I'm sorry I did that. Go freshen up and we can find something to do." He shakes his head stretching out as I walk to my clothes. I pick out a pair of black tights and a random tshirt from my old job my mom said I had before my accident.

He chuckles with a sigh. I smile a bit turning around as his eyes trace the shirt in my hand. "What?"

"I used to go to there all the time in my neighborhood when I first moved from Japan."

"Yeah?" I raised my eyebrows.

Yuko lick his lips holding his stomach. "Mhmm. I used to play basketball and always go there after a game."

"For real? That's cool. I worked at one in my neighborhood until I got into an accident. Where did you move the first time?"

"Texas... how about I tell you more after your shower?" Yuko rubs the back of his neck as I walk past.

««»»
After that warm shower I didn't want to do anything. A sweet smell was coming from my room. Peaking through the door I see a desk with a bowl of fruits and a stack of crepes with steam rapidly releasing from them.

My mouth drops and Yuko gives me his smile.

"Oh wow. He cooks!"

"Yes ma'am. Its my favorite thing to do. I'm a master at it if I do say so myself." He smirks rubbing his hands together. I bite my lip looking between him and his creation letting out a prideful giggle. "We'll see about that."

I grabbed my own plate of the warm food. I sit in the middle of the bed diagonally from him. Bowing my head I give a silent prayer before fixing my hands to destroy this beautiful plate. I sigh breaking off a crepe with my fork popping the piece into my mouth.

The crispiness and the syrup compliment each other. It's like the syrup just rolled off the crepe without leaving my mouth sticky. "Oh my Lord, I don't even like pancakes–"

"Crepes!"

"–Crepes. What in the world man?" I heave with a mouth full of everything that was on the plate.

"Yeah, I know." He chuckles with a long sigh as he watched me wolf down his food. "I'll get you some orange juice." He pads his feet quickly, allowing me time to swallow my food down and some how manage to burp.

"Here." Yuko reappears with two tall cups of orange juice. I take mines taking a sip. "So what's the secret?"

"Let a stick of butter sit out overnight, warm milk over the stove and mix everything." He says taking a strawberry from the bowl.

"Yeah, I'll leave the cooking to you..." I proceed to move closer to him against the wall. He faces me with a grin. " 'Round here, you gon learn something about cooking."

"...blah." I giggle stealing an apple slice from his hand. "It's too early in the day!" He jabs his finger in my side in a 'stabbing' motion to tickle me. I topple over on his lap dying of laughter.

"Stop! I'm sorry!" I yelp breaking half the apple outside of my mouth as he paused to look down at me. I held out half of the apple playfully. "Here!"

Yuko takes the apple as if he was going to eat it. "Mmm... no thanks, I have a girl. But here." He holds it up to my lips for me to eat it.

I raise from his lap sitting back in my spot truly inquisitive. "When did you meet her? What she's like, beyond what I have seen?"

"Erm... I met her when I was first working up here. I was going back and forth from Texas to here. We clicked from there." I watch him relax his shoulders as he stares ahead at the second window.

"Experiencing her... good but has challenges. Like every other relationship." He shrugged just as the rain gets heavier. I furrow my brows. "Huh? That's all. No brag? No memories?"

"And why is that's your business, hmm?" His voice never changed from his relaxed tone. We've only met each other briefly so I understand.

"Fair. So I guess we're not going plant shopping huh?"

"Yeah, no. Unfortunately. But we can unpack?" He pats my ankle again.

I yawn shaking my head. "Oh no baby, I'm taking a nap."

"Then go to sleep. I'll be organizing my room." Yuko chuckle leaving the room. I took off all my clothes and snuggled in my bed naked. It's too early for me to move so we'll try it again in the afternoon.

««»»
Niecey Official
All Rights Reserved