9

"Good morning, good morning, good morning everyone! Mr. Frederic is out today so I'll be teaching today. There's nothing to do besides review, get your laptop and sign the form for attendance. If you need help please let me know, I am a TA for a reason." I stood straight looking at the sleepy 3rd graders sliding out their laptops to get ready for class.

"Good morning Ms. Wilson!" The class yawns out, some fidgets and wave.

Shortly after it seemed as if the day continue faster than nap time. Yuko and I have been on work and bill rotation for a month and a half so we barely seeing each other, even on our off days. Today I have to pay the utilities and I feel like buying him a new cologne and watch, but we are not at that stage yet.

Just as it was my lunch time, I got a ping.

Jace ~just now
J: So you're just not gonna text me anymore. Who tf is he Aya?

I let out an ugly cackle in the car. I tapped on his profile calling him immediately.

"Who his he?" A medium pitch croak from the car speakers.

"Jacey pooh! Stop being dramatic. How have you been?"  I rolled my eye opening my Alfredo from my bento box.

"Bored, really missing you over here. What's about you?"

"Good..." I sigh taking a bite of food.

"That's my girl. Well I'm in Seattle for 3 days..." My eyes lit up at the news.

"I would tell you to come to my house but–"

"No, let's go out tonight. I'll let you know where around 6."

Oh hell. I haven't seen him in a minute and with Yuko around this isn't a great idea. Jace is the only one I remember prior to the accident.

"Uhm... so... Yuko's back." I nervously giggle biting my lip. There's shuffling from his side of the line which doesn't make it better.

"Ooo... his bitch ass! He just– I swear on my life bruh..." He murmurs assuming I couldn't hear him. I slap my hand over my mouth trying not to laugh but also kind of shocked at his reaction.

"That's great! How have he been? We haven't talked in a min." He masks the frustration in his grating voice. My smile slowly fades at the sudden feeling of being left in the cold.

"Jace what happened?" My throat loses saliva waiting for his response.

"Nothing, baby girl. We're on for tonight?"

"Yeah." I finished the last bite of my  pasta before turning off the car and going back to work. The whole time I was thinking about Jace.

>><<
I am sitting in the parking lot of the apartment checking my phone.

Yuko ~14 minutes ago
Y: hey I got off early, let's go to a french restaurant tonight. I already reserved a table for 2 @ 9:17 pm.

What? Out of all days Yuko chooses now? I scoff, texting him back.

M: wow... um I had plans tonight to go with a friend.

Y: 🙃 but we haven't had a date in forever.

M: ik

Y: come home!! I haven't kissed on you in a month

M: I'm in the hallway