1

I made a short stop for groceries at Walmart. Groceries as in noodles, cereal, and all things to make a sandwich. I wanted to get more but a lot of people were sick in the store. This man on the opposite aisle was the final straw. I just left my tea and went home.

I placed the grocery sacks against the wall beside my door, entering my pin number in the keypad to unlock the door to get in. It was currently past midnight and I am exhausted and ready to pass out. I picked up the sacks from the wall before heading inside kicking the door closed.

I lay the sacks on the lime stone island next to a small sticky note.

Went to Urgent Care+ I'm having an allergic reaction. I've seen that you didn't have a mattress to sleep on so you can sleep on mines if you want. The sheets are fresh btw. Lock the doors and don't wait up, we'll meet eventually.

San

I nod to myself, proceeding to unpack my groceries.

««»»

I walked out of the bathroom yawning back to back on my way to my roommate's room. I slid in the bed dosing off in an instant.

It wasn't long before my alarm went off and my day began. I rolled out the bed with a smile moving to the washroom in a happy mood. I looked in the mirror examining my bloodshot eyes and wild curly hair and glowing skin. I snort at myself with a smile pulling out the left drawer grabbing my tooth brush.

««»»

The spritz of my silver water bottle drenched my indecisive patterned hair. I'm not kidding, my hair will be back kinky in three days. I grabbed my wide tooth comb detangling the rain forest I grew since freshman year. I split my hair into 6 Bantu knots leaving one part at the front of my head unraveled. Cupping a piece of raw shea butter smushing it in my hands, generously applying it to my part before grabbing the coconut oil from the cabinet opening the jar. Dipping my finger into the jar, I applied it before detangling it again doing the same thing to the rest of my hair. I used my faux boar bristle brush to slick back my hair pulling it all together with a ponytail holder stuffing my hair into a bun.

Bleach clogs my nostrils after 10 minutes of cleaning hair strands, toothpaste strips that were thrown by the water pressure, and water that somehow finds its way one the mirror every morning. Now, I already have my outfit out for the day since I have an interview for a teacher's assistant at Washington International Preparatory. It sounds boring as hell but we need the money, sis.

I picked out an all black outfit; a tank that is covered with my blazer I had since freshman year and my knee length skirt. A pair of glossy nude heels made the cut, last minute. Everything was restricting but it's okay just for today.

I've should've went to the mall more!

Hopefully I'll get some type of word from this job, I didn't even get hired for Starbucks. Any and everybody gets hired there!

I took a deep breath pulling my skirt down more. Good thing that bun did not fuz or– nope let me not because it will betray me when I step outside.

Approval leaves a check on the mirror giving me the go to leave. Meeting the front door with my purse, I had to back up and make my way back to the island.

I peeled off a blue sticky note placing it next to San's note.

Sorry I won't be able to meet you this morning, I have an interview for a job (maybe I'll get hired). I had no luck lately. See you eventually.

A

°|•|°|•|°

Congratulations is what people say to commend another. Sadly as expected I wasn't able to kick the Starbucks manger in the arse. I rushed home in exhilaration ready to start working on the boxes that I could at the moment since I don't have furniture yet.

Once I got outside of my apartment I looked throughout the hallway for Yuko but he wasn't here. Maybe he has afternoon shifts. Hopefully it's that and not the hospital, right?

I shook my head opening my door to feel the cool air greet me with a mustard yellow couch and a glass coffee table. Not my preference but I have no objection.

I walked to the island looking at a peach sticky brightening my mood.

Won't be able to make it tonight, sorry again. Your Purple bed set came in and I set it up for you, if you don't mind. I didn't know where you wanted it to be placed but I put it where the blow up mattress was. Oh and good luck on your job I pray for many blessings to come your way.

San²

I bit my lip in a little disappointment. A pout reveals itself, going through my cabinet to find a cup of ramen noodles. I filled the cup with water before popping it in the microwave for 5 minutes. I sang quietly thinking of what I need to buy next. Thankfully, there's still half the check left.

The microwave beep, tending to my noodles I shook an extra pack of seasoning moving to the couch. I crossed my legs placing my phone in between. The noodles wrap around my fork cooling down with a breath of air. A single handed search on Google for the best WiFi, lead the caller ID to customer service.

I called them making a payment on the WiFi and a single room cable for the living room. I chose a television stand and a Samsung flat screen TV the was on sale at Target. In other words, I'll be busy in the morning before I go to work.

Once the payment was successful, miss ma'am goes to the room. I peeled off my heavy clothes leaving them in the corner departing to the bathroom to take a hot shower.

°|•|°|•|°

Niecey Official

All rights reserved