2

The sticky notes continued causing me to get frustration and lonely. I was ready to beat the shit out of my roommate once I meet them. 

A harsh plop on the wood floor with a stack of papers in between my legs while CNN sounded in the back ground. I pulled my glasses up my nose letting my hair roam free in it's low state. Slashing marks on the papers time after time again grading roughly 400 papers worth of 3rd grade math work. I'm basically the teacher since the actual teacher shows up to work drunk almost every day. I choose not to question him and just bare with the process.

I took a break walking to the kitchen grabbing a Moscato wine bottle from the fridge. It's not mines, but I need it. We'll just explain it later

The usual nightly scan through the cabinet to find a tall wine glass rinsing it out with water before filling it halfway with the bittersweet wine. I yawn putting the Moscato back in the fridge, taking my wine to the couch.

I took a sip whilst grabbing my phone deciding to texted Yuko to see if he's free today.

Yuko
me: I know ur busy, but would u like to hang out at my place tonight?

I know I sound desperate, but damn he and my roommate is the only people I talk to. I don't really talk to the teachers because most of them are messy and judgemental. So I'm left alone, by myself, with papers. I gulp down the wine hissing because my teeth decided to become cold.

All in that same minute, I down the rest of the wine placing glass on the coffee table laying down taking my bra off throwing it on the other side of the room towards my room. This was all that I needed right now, a drink and a nap.

After an hour or so I felt a vibration against my back. I pulled my phone from behind me squinting at the bright screen focusing on on my blurry notification.

WIP ~sent just now
Career day is set to take place next Friday. Payday will be held tomorrow, if you are new please contact us at 10 am. Have a blessed weekend, see you all Monday!

Yuko ~sent 30 mins ago
sure! im omw home now let me freshen up at home. u can send me ur apartment number now ill be in the shower once I get home. catch u later😉

I crack a smile at Yuko's text before gasping, choking in the mist of all of it. "Thirty minutes ago! What the heck, he probably think I stood him up! Arguhh!" I groan shutting up quickly hearing the door jiggle. My heart quicken with anxiety, I thought I was having a heart attack!

"Oh shit it's San– Yuko?" I squint even more at the tall figure tilting my head.

"Aya?" He looks at me mirroring pure confusion.

"Yuko?" I voice became high pitched as I try to comprehend what the hell is going on.

My eyes roamed my body to the other side of the room, back to him in shock.

"Oh no...I don't have a bra on..." I murmured covered my chest with a pillow looking around the floor for it. Hopefully he didn't hear that and I can excuse myself.

"No it's okay do what makes you comfortable. Are you okay?" He manages to hear me as he sets his bag closing the door walking to me.

Damnit!

"No..." I softly groan grabbing my banging head.

"How many glasses of wine did you drink?" He furrow his brows grabbing the glass walking to the kitchen. I turned over peeking my head from the edge of the sofa. "One, I drunk it like a shot. I promise I'm not an alcoholic, I deal with busy ass kids. I love em' but I want to choke em'." I mumbled dosing off again.

I heard a distant phone ring from the kitchen causing me to look up at him as he rinses the wine glass with a hint of a smile the drops when he looks at his phone. "I'm sorry it's my girlfriend."

I was devastated, rolling my eyes at his words. Bruh I knew he was too fucking fine to be single. I continued to watch him with an annoyance hovering my mind.

"Hey..." he greets expressionless. He's not happy. That's where I step in.

Just because he in a relationship doesn't mean I can't cheer him up. By the looks of it, she ain't doing her job. Does it mean I home wreck, no. But it doesn't hurt to be playful with other people once in a while to keep them light hearted with some adhesive on their heart strings.

I giggled to myself biting my lip with a sigh. He had a glint in his eye looking at me while I suffer on the border of sobriety. "Oh yeah that's my roommate laughing she's looking at a paper from her student. That why I couldn't come over... no I'm helping her grade papers." He glares at the wall. I pout rubbing my face.

"No don't come over! I mean you don't have to, we still have boxes everywhere... uh be careful you almost cut yourself!" He lies signaling me to play along.

"Sss...ahh I think I did!" I unintentionally cry out sucking in my lip in regret of how cringe it sounds. He gasp slapping his left hand on the island, scolding me with his burning eyes.

"Uh I got to go... no I'm sure don't come over you might get hurt." He quickly hang up rolling his eyes.

"She's coming anyway, playboy." I bit my lip lifting myself with my elbow looking at him cocking my brow.

"Ugh I know." He face palm himself walking over to the other side of the couch. I hummed fluttering my eyes closed. "Rough patch?" I asked calming down. He nods pass his fingers through his long wavy hair.

"Where do you work?" I asked relaxing into the couch changing the subject. "I'm a game developer and bartender."

I let my mouth form an 'o' nodding. "That's good money but do you like working there?" I peek one eye open causing him to laugh whilst responding.

"Mhmm, the only thing is that I don't want to work on call at clubs, I want to cater for events and things."

"Ooh, vision man... I like that." I smile croaking into a tired burst of laughter. "Hehe thank you... do you like where you work?"

I sucked in a huge breath looking at him with a straight face. "I can't determine yet... but I love the kids but not the teachers. A bunch of messy judgemental addicts." I lay back down closing my eyes again.

"Ahh okay..." he nods referring back to the wine.

"How old are you?" I kept asking him questions trying to get the memo of who he is as a person.

"I've been 23 since August 7."

"Happy belated! I'll be 22 on the 29th of October." I grunt stretching.

"Are you sleepy?" He smiles at me touching my hairy ankle. I giggled nodding. "Then go to bed." He nudges me.

"No I called you out of work I don't want this to be time wasted-" I began to feel guilty about my selfishness.

"Aya this wasn't a waste of time. I would take off for you again on any day. How about tomorrow I call in so we can go shopping for plants?" He declined my statement rubbing my calf out of comfort.

"Please don't do that for me if you don't do that for your girlfriend." I raise up leaving the living room to go to my own. I took off my day clothes switching into my night shirt leaving my gray shorts under the pillow for the morning.

°|•|°|•|°

Niecey Official

All Right Reserved