Mario Harms The Environment

Plot: Mario decides to tear down some trees to build his new pizza place, but Desti and a nature loving Crystal decide to stop him before he destroys the woods!

(April 24th - 2023)

With the Showgrounds now thriving, Things got back to their simple crazy way of life for many. In just a few days, They fought an evil Luigi counterpart and Mario fought for territory over having his own pizza place.

A conflict that seemed to continue even after their reconciliation. Despite forming a partnership, Pepino still seemed insistent on keeping their restaurants separate for the sake of good business.

And that's what led Mario back to the Showgrounds, driving a plough and listening to the music on the radio.

Not far off, Desti stood ready with a tranquilliser gun as Crystal stood with a piece of steak on a stick and offering it to Issac the Tiger.

Crystal: Cmon Issac, eat up!

Desti: Yeah, just keep a distance...

The lion growled, before ripping the meat off the stick with its paws and chomping down.

Crystal: Yay! Good boy!

Desti: Remind me why you're here feeding a lion and not your parents?

Crystal: Oh, They don't know. Mommy and Momma have their anniversary today!

Desti: God, has it been a year already

Crystal: Yeah. I came over here because I wanted to let them have fun, Grandma and Grandpa volunteered to look after my sisters!

Desti: So what are they doing?

Crystal: I think it's just icky grown up stuff, Blegh!

Both shared a laugh.

...

Across town in a fancy restaurant, Meggy was strangling a waiter as Tari and another waiter were trying to pull them apart.

Meggy: I'LL TEACH YOU TO FLIRT WITH MY WIFE IN FRONT OF ME

Tari: Meggy, get off of him! He just complimented my hair!

Meggy: THEN PASS ME SOME SCISSORS SO I CAN "COMPLIMENT" HIS!

...

Once they were done feeding Issac, Crystal sat down on the couch as Desti was just about ready to go-

Crystal: Ow!

The moment she heard a yell, she jolted around in fright.

Desti: What is it!?

She looked and saw Crystal clutching her arms, hissing in pain. In a mix of fear and anger, she leapt on the couch.

Crystal: Is it your cuts!? You promised me and everyone elsethat you-!

She pulled up the sleeves, but to her shock, there was no blood or even any new scars, just the same old faded ones. The only way she knew that was because Meggy, Tari or a doctor had counted them ever since she stopped just to be sure.

Desti: What? W-why did-?

Crystal: Sorry aunt Desti. It's just...they still hurt sometimes. It's not as bad as they used to be, but...it still reminds me of what I did...how I hurt Mommy and Momma...

Desti: Aw, kid...

Desti sat on the couch with her and put an arm around her shoulder.

Desti: Look, I get it sucks, but those scars will go away. You're still young, you've got a whole life to move on from that pain...