Chapter Seven - Halloween

-Four days before Halloween-

Chad's POV
I had always loved Halloween. Patrick and I had a huge party every year when we were alive, full of decorations and sweets and people. The little ones all dressed up were so cute! We were planning to have a party again this year, outside maybe. When Ben made the gazebo to cover Hayden's body I wanted to use it so much for something! The only thing is, we didn't want to spoil everyone's Halloween, as it was the only day of the year we could escape the imprisoning walls of this house. I decided to have the party the night before, and it will put everyone in a good mood when they can leave!

Patrick's POV
Great. I have to endure another of his stupid parties. And pretend that I like it. I mean, I'm glad we're a proper couple again, I do love him, but... Jesus Christ...

Tate's POV
Don't blink... Just stare at yourself you sack of trash...
This is how Mum used to punish me. Make me stare at myself in the mirror, and that's what I did now. My hair was all slicked back, my face powdered white and my eyes outlined in black. The rest of my hideous flesh was covered in the details of a skeleton.
I was ready.

Violet's POV
In this "life" Halloween was better than Christmas. But I wasn't really even in the mood. I kept thinking about what my parents said outside my bedroom door. I just could not believe it!

-The Night Before Halloween, at Chad's Party-

Violets POV
So I decided to go see the party. It was ok, but they have no taste in music. Some of the decorations were cool, and I thought the Twins' outfit was quite cute. I saw Tate there.
'Go on... You know you want to... Think how long it's been since his body held yours, since he whispered in your ear... Come on, Violet...' The evil voice sang in my ears again. I took a few steps forward in his direction, giving in to the thought of it, but stopped myself. I can't.
'Yes you can' it said again.

Tate's POV
Sigh. How depressing. I never got that teenage house-party stage, so this was all new to me. I'm glad I didn't or I'd just be another mindless zombie like everyone else here. Except one.
I knew she was looking at me and I wanted to look back, but I couldn't. I couldn't give in to it. I would have to be harsh on myself because I care about her feelings more than mine. Its true; I said it to her face. She doesn't want me to look.

Violets POV
I just wish he would look at me. If he did I would go over, maybe. To know that he's thinking about me. What I just can't stop hurting him. No wonder Tate won't even glance in my direction. I almost beat that door down, screaming to get away from him.

Tate's POV
I just can't look at her. She will never love you, Tate. She will never love you. I just told myself over and over and over again.
Screw this.
I walked out the room, and as I passed Violet I looked at her and got so close that her hand brushed mine, and that prickle of warmth sunk into my hand. Even though it was only a moment when I walked past, the few footsteps took days. Her face turned to mine, our eyes lingering on each others, her hand touching mine, me walking past, looking back her body spun round, looking at me. The music banged on as I ascended the stairs.
She will never love you. Maybe.

-Halloween-

Tate's POV
La la, la la la, la la, la la la. The simple whistle tune repeated itself over and over in my head.
SLAM
The door swung back behind me, and I breathed in the cool night air. I was able to slip away from it all and be myself. I carried an AK47 in my hand, skeleton face paint to the extreme. I loved this. Walking down the street getting all the funny looks from all the normal people. As I got into town I began to decide where to go. Westfield high...? Nah, too cliché.
"Tate!" Huh? What was she doing here? "Tate. Just put the gun down... I'm here Tate, I'm here." Violet hugged me and I didn't know how to respond. I wasn't Tate Langdon right now... I shoved her away and aimed at the guy on the opposite side of the street.

After all the screams and sirens I ran back to the house, Violet in my arms, bleeding from the exit wound. I was so scared...
"Violet I don't know what to do. Tell me what to do!" I shouted at her. She was barely conscious and she just said she was fine, and I knew that she couldn't die again. I just hated seeing her like this... I can't believe she threw herself in front of the bullet for me... I needed Patrick; he was good at stitches. No way that crazy Charles Montgomery was getting to her. But, no one was at the house. Why would they stay here, after all?

I left her on her bed, quickly healing, with a painted black rose on her pillow.

A/N - Hello! Sorry this is a short chapter I just thought there was a lot to take in. What will happen next...? Will Ben and Vivian have anything say to Tate about this... If they find out? Does Violet love Tate? Why did she follow him? All will be revealed in the next chapter :) Don't forget to spare a minute or two to comment your thoughts, opinions and questions- they are all appreciated!
Thanks for reading Xx