Chapter Three - Tears (Violet's POV)

A/N- Disclaimer: This chapter contains infrequent strong language and sexual content.

I needed to help him. Tate. He looked dead. I know he's dead already but I can't stand to see him like this. I took his face in my hands and held his head in my lap.
"Tate? Tate please. Wake up Tate." I dried his face with my sleeve and stroked his tender face. "Tate?" I whispered. "Stay with me, Tate. I know I told you go away but, please, just wake up." I felt my eyes welling up with tears, and I managed to blink most of them back, but one escaped and ran down my cheek. It landed in the centre of Tate's forehead and, like magic, his eyes flickered open.
"Violet." He sighed. I nodded and let the tears spill. "Are you ok?" He said. I giggled softly.
"You're the one that just knocked yourself out. Are you ok?" He laughed and said "Mmm. What did you want?"
"Nothing. It doesn't matter. I need to sort you out."
I dragged Tate upstairs to my room and laid him on the bed. I went and got an ice pack from the kitchen to put on his head, where a large red lump was quickly growing. I knew it would heal in a few hours, but it looked so sore and even though pain doesn't affect us long term, we still feel it. Even as a spirit. I remembered one time when I did something similar and whacked my head off of a table. I was about seven or eight and the only thing I really remember is blinding pain. It was instinct to make sure he was ok. I wandered back up to my room, trying not to look suspicious when I passed the living room where my Dad was. The last thing he needed was to think about Tate.

"There you go" I whispered as I gently pressed the ice pack against his head. I had to ask him. The question was about to burst out of me. I opened my mouth, but no words came out. I was so nervous. It was a stupid idea. He smiled up at me and I fell in love all over again. I just cried. I didn't try to hold it back; I just looked at him and cried. I expected him to laugh at me. A pathetic little girl who can't make her mind up about a boy. But he cried too. He sat up and he whispered through his tears "it's going to be ok, Vi. You'll live." We both laughed a little. But it's quite sad actually. He rubbed his face on my cheek, bringing us both into an awkwardly shaped hug. I breathed in the scent of his hair. I would have stayed like that for ever if he let me, but he pulled me away. "I know that you need time. You can have forever if you want. I'll wait for as long as you want me to. But life's too short for so much sorrow." He smiled. My face was in his hands. He kissed my forehead lightly. And he was gone.
"Tate wait-"
"Yes?" He was at my bedroom door. I looked down. I had to ask him. "Was it you that slept in my bed last night?" I felt myself blush because I knew he had better things to do than watch me. I was boring. He could be in the basement with all the others doing whatever he wanted. But I wanted it to be him. Not Mum or Dad or anyone else. Him.
"Violet I'm so sorry. I didn't do... Y'know; anything. I just wanted to warm you up and keep you comfortable. I'm really sorry that I creeped you out." It was him. It was Tate. I wanted to scream. With anger or joy I'm not quite sure. But it was Tate.
"Oh. Thanks. You didn't scare me. I just wandered. I didn't think it was Mum. We haven't spoken in days. I broke her favourite tree decoration and she got mad and we got into this massive argument about everything that happened. Sorry; I don't know why I'm telling you. You have better things to do. Thanks for crying with me, Tate. It was somehow comforting." I took one last look at his beautiful face. And he disappeared. I turned my music back on and walked into my bathroom. I turned the shower on and stood there warming myself up. The water felt good on my face and the soap suds ran down my legs, washing off my sadness. When I got out I wrapped myself up in a fluffy white towel. I walked back into my room and almost dropped my towel. There was a rose on my bed, painted black, and written on my chalk board I saw the words 'I still love you.'
I turned around and he was there, in the bathroom doorway, looking gorgeous in the soft light.
'You know what you want to do Violet. Do it. What do you have to loose?' Said the voice in my conscience. I dropped my towel. "Come here." I said. He was shocked at my bold action but came over and hugged me tightly. He kissed me, and I kissed back, one of my hands in his hair, the other unbuttoning his shirt. Ever since it first happened, I have been craving it. Tate's hands were on my back, pushing me against him. Tate picked me up so my legs were wrapped around his waist, but he didn't break away from the kiss. He laid us down on the bed, and removed his ripped jeans. Everywhere my body was alive with electricity and heat. I didn't want to think about anything else. Just the fact that the person I loved most in the world was right here with me. Tate had done so many horrible, disgusting things but I loved him. I would sort out my feelings later.

I woke up and saw Tate asleep next to me. I moulded my body to the shape of his. He fitted me perfectly. I cried a little, confused about what I felt for him. So many tears. All my life I thought of death as being peaceful. Easy. But his was harder than life.
"Ahem." There was a knock on my door. Shit! My Dad pushed the door open and horror spread across his face as he took in the image of what was in front of him.
I was dead.