Chapter Two - Go Away

A/N- Disclaimer: This chapter contains infrequent strong language.

Tate's POV
She sobbed and sobbed repeating my name over and over until she cried herself dry. I was so confused. I had to think about this. Why would she say my name? Her tone of voice was filled with longing. Maybe she did still love me after all. But there was pain in her voice. Perhaps her outbreak was a cry of vengeance. I couldn't blame her.
Violet lay there, in a soggy mess with crap scattered around her and banging loud music on. I couldn't just let her stay like that. I cleared the bed and changed the pillow covers and, with a lot of carefully moving her, managed to change the sheets. I loved this song. Could I just wait until it finishes? She's fast asleep, and she's the one who left it playing... No. I need to make her comfortable. I care about what she needs before my stupid wants.
I placed my arms under her cold, fragile body and tucked her under the covers. She was so cold. I should warm her up but I didn't know how. It was a strange feeling, as if my blood was talking to me. It began to pump fast in my veins and heat me up. I was her personal walking radiator. I could warm her up. It's strange, because my blood is usually still and my flesh cold. The thought of being so close to Violet made my heart want to work again. I quietly shifted under the covers and placed my body in the same position she was in; on her side. I fitted perfectly to her. When I wrapped my arms around her, Violet let out a sigh of relief and her face relaxed. She unknowingly turned to face me and nestled in to my chest, leaning on me. She was the most beautiful thing in the world. She was prettier than a flower, bursting into bloom. She was more powerful than any Tiger, braver than any Lion. I loved her so much. But I could never have her. And I shouldn't be lying here with her. Violet's head tilted up toward my head and I just watched her sleep. So beautiful.

After a few hours she unfortunately started to stir and I left, moments before she woke. I ventured down to the basement, where I liked to reside when I was miserable. Which is pretty much all the time. The rest of the time, I was watching Violet. Hayden was there, waiting for me. Shit.
"Hey Tate. You know it's pointless, don't you? She's not going to love you again." She started moving towards me. She put her hands on my chest and slowly moved them downwards. "I can fulfil your needs, Tate. In ways she'll never be able to. You want me, don't you?" Hayden pulled me towards her. I shut my eyes and breathed in heavily.
"Go away, Hayden. You know that-"
"Ugh. Yeah, yeah. I know. You'll wait forever if you have to." On her last sentence she mimicked me tilting her head from side to side and rolling her eyes. Like a five year old. I closed my eyes.
"Go away Hayden. I will never love you. Ever." When I opened my eyes she was gone. I wished it would stay like that. She's right. I do have needs. But not in the way she thinks. I need Violet. I turned the corner and saw Chad and Patrick, fighting, as usual. "Will you please just shut your goddam mouths for one minute please!" I shouted.
"Go away Tate. Nobody wants you. Especially not that girl you killed." Chad smirked. My my head was about to explode. "I didn't kill her!" I yelled in reply "she took the pills, she..." I wanted to cry. I was yelling and screaming nonsense.
"Tate? Tate!" Violet called me. What did she need? I had to find her. To tell her I'm sorry. So much was happening. I panicked and fell. I felt something sharp hit my head and the last thing I saw was Violet bend down, a look of shock on her face.