Prologue

Tate's POV
I stared at her, with her family, hanging the Christmas decorations on the towering tree. She was happy. My Violet. And that made me happy. But also I burned with rage and jealousy. She was happier without me, and I wanted to make her happy but I couldn't. And I hated myself for it. She finally saw me for what I was. Manipulative. Hateful. Twisted. Murderous. A Psychopath. Violet saw me as the darkness, and if I could wish only one thing it would be that I could make her happy and that she would love me. It's selfish. But that's what I am.
Violet's POV
I hung up the little mirror decoration and glanced at my reflection. I looked so fake. The pretend smile plastered on my face was sad and there was no light in my eyes. But I needed to be happy for my family. I needed to look happy for Tate, who I knew was silently watching. I would always love him. Always. But he killed my family. 'But he didn't directly murder them. And when you died he tried to revive you. You died in his arms, Violet. You love him.' Said a small voice in my head. It was there a lot of the time, telling me things. I had learned to block it out; but when my emotions were screaming it was like a best friend. Guiding me to what I wanted.

A/N - Hello! Thank you for reading the first little part of my story. I hope you liked it! This is my first ever publication so here is just a little taster of my style of writing. Obviously this is taken from the 13th and last episode of 'Murder House,' 'Afterbirth.' I really hope that you continue to read my story and that you enjoy it lots! Thanks for reading :)