Chapter 4 - Tears (Tate's POV)

A/N- Disclaimer: This chapter contains infrequent strong language and sexual content.

..............................................................
Blackness.
Who was I? What was I? Some meaningless life form in this infinite chain of repetition.

Something... Something touched me. A trickle of water on my head. That small drop suddenly had a meaning. The single drop washed over me like an ocean and the electricity that filled it charged my brain. All I saw was a blurry haze of colours; but something told me it was important, that I had to open my heavy eyelids and when I did I couldn't have been happier that I did. "Violet." I sighed. Suddenly everything was perfect. There was no pain and no sorrow. Just her. My Violet was sitting so close to me, looking at me. Not with pity. She seemed to know that I would be ok. There was a look in her beautiful eyes that said 'Be strong, Tate. I know you can.' How did I get here? The last five minutes flushed back into my brain. Violet needed me for something. "Are you ok?" She laughed. What? She wanted me for something and it sounded important. I needed to make sure she was ok. But she laughed.
"You're the one who just knocked yourself out. Are you ok?" Ohh. I laughed at myself, but it didn't matter. "Mmm" I hummed in reply. I was in blinding pain and covered in sweat and my head was throbbing beyond belief but Violet needed me. Why couldn't she see I wanted to help her? "What did you want?"
"Nothing. It doesn't matter. I need to sort you out." I would have protested but I didn't have the strength. I let her walk me up the stairs to her room, where I sat on so many occasions. She laid me down on her bed. Her soft, sweet smelling bed. I was surrounded in her scent. It was like a drug to me. The more I had of it the more I wanted. I looked up to talk to her, but she was gone. I decided to stay there and wait for her. I wanted to sleep. I hadn't slept properly in almost 20 years. Why couldn't I be alive? Tears began to spill down my face. Why couldn't I be normal? Well, not quite normal.

Normal people scare me.

But alive at least. Or dead. Whichever one would be great, rather than stuck in the middle. Why couldn't I keep Violet alive at least? I was so useless. She was taking care of me when I should be comforting her. What happened to those perfect times when it was just Violet and I? Screwed that up didn't you, Tate. Well done, idiot.

"There you go." Her voice was so smooth. I could listen to it forever. She wiped a cool ice pack across my forehead. She opened her mouth as if to say something but shut it again. I smiled to reassure her that that she could tell me anything.
But she cried.
My Violet, crying. I sat up, and cried with her. We let our tears fall onto the bed, and they mixed together. A liquid of light and dark. I looked deep into her eyes and said "it's going to be ok, Vi. You'll live." I whispered and laughed a bit. But it's quite sad actually. I pressed my wet cheek to hers and stayed like that for awhile, enjoying the heat that her flesh pumped into my body. I repeated everything she said to me in my head. I couldn't force her to love me. I unwillingly pulled away. ""I know that you need time. You can have forever if you want. I'll wait for as long as you want me to. But life's too short for so much sorrow." I smiled at her and kissed her smooth forehead. I made myself invisible to her and walked towards the door. I needed to leave her in private to change herself. I had one rule when watching Violet. Don't look at anything she wouldn't want me to see.
"Tate wait-"
"Yes?" This was it. The thing she wanted to ask earlier. Surprisingly, Violet blushed. I wondered what it could possibly be.
"Was it you that slept in my bed last night?" Shit. She knew it was me. What could I say to her? Just the truth I guess.
"Violet I'm so sorry. I didn't do... Y'know; anything. I just wanted to warm you up and keep you comfortable. I'm really sorry that I creeped you out." There was an odd look on her face. I wasn't sure if it was good or bad.
"Oh. Thanks. You didn't scare me. I just wandered. I didn't think it was Mum. We haven't spoken in days. I broke her favourite tree decoration and she got mad and we got into this massive argument about everything that happened. Sorry; I don't know why I'm telling you. You have better things to do. Thanks for crying with me, Tate. It was somehow comforting." Oh. It wasn't really what I was expecting. I took one last look at her beautiful face and made myself invisible once again. I went down to the basement, avoiding Chad and Patrick, still fighting. I hated them all. Except Violet. She was my one piece of sanity in this twisted, fucked up insane world. I shifted aside the old chest of drawers that hid my black roses. I got one for Violet and returned to her room. She was in the shower. I put the painted rose on her pillow and chalked 'I still love you' on the board. She had to know. I loved her so much. Violet was my only escape from the cliché American Horror Story I was living. I waited outside the door, and I am quite proud to say that I didn't look at her. But I wanted to. I wanted to so much. After I took her virginity I longed to hold her in my arms again, to feel her soft skin pressed up against my body. To kiss her all over. God I missed her. I love Violet so much.
The shower turned off. Violet walked into her room and looked shocked. She turned to look at me and a mixture of longing, relief, surprise and something else I couldn't quite put my finger on crossed her face. She dropped her towel, her body perfect in its own way, on full display for me. "Come here." I obeyed immediately. Instead of going straight for what most men would, I wanted to hug her first. Tightly and protectively. She is mine and I am hers. I breathed her in and kissed her, maybe with too much enthusiasm. But I couldn't hold myself back. The only thing I wanted in the world was her. And I was getting it. The psychopath inside of me told me that I was having her weather she liked it or not, but I knew that I couldn't hurt her really. Violet had already unbuttoned my shirt and now I removed my jeans. She was here. My Violet was hot and full of electricity and it was the best feeling to have her body pressed up against mine. I couldn't think of anything else.
I went to sleep as the happiest man to ever be unfortunate enough to walk the planet.

A/N- What do you think of the same chapter told from another point of view? Boring or interesting? I would love to know what you thought. Also, did you spot the Game Of Thrones reference? :) Enjoy!