chp 10: battle.

Inside the stadium

announcer (loudred): ladies and gentlemon, welcome to the first tournament of the world championship league!

cheers erupted from the crowd as countless mons sat in anticipation for the tournament.

announcer: for the first match, we will have a battle royale until only 50 competitors are remaining. without further ado please welcome your competitors!

streams of mons entered the battle field as the crowd cheered at them.

speed, black and flare stood at different corners of the arena, all three of them ready for battle.

( note: speed didnt wear his scarf and battle goggles so no mon knows that he is the yellow flash)

announcer: let the battles, begin

flare stood his ground against a houndoom, the opponent shot a flamethrower at him which he dodged and countered by using fire fang. the houndoom fell down after a flare blitz. 

black faced of two mons. the luxray and  the absol attacked him at once. 

he dodged to the side and then shot a dark pulse at the luxray. it was super effective and knocked out the luxray instantly. 

the absol used shadow claw and charged at him. but black shot a shadow ball to the ground creating a cloud of dust.Then he came up from behind the absol and used a shadow ball to his back, knocking him out.

Speed being the one closest to the center had to fight multiple mons. He dodged as a garchomp sliced at him. He charged up electricity and then used wildcharge at a lucario behind him. Then he charged two electro balls and shot them at another jolteon and the garchomp. Then he side jumped, barely missing the flame thrower shot by a charizard.A tyranitar used dragon breath, which he countered buy using discharge.He then used another electro ball while shooting a thunderbolt at the charizard.

He stood in the middle of the fallen opponents, glaring at anyone who dared to come near him.

Silvia: wohoo, go speedy!

Stella: do your best everyone!

Leafy: you can do it flare!

Lazuli: speedy, beat them all!

Pearl: fight with your all black!

The boys smiled as they were encouraged by the girls.

Announcer: ladies and gentlemon. We currently have 50 mons standing in the battlefield. We ask you to kindly wait as we prepare for the 1 vs 1 battles!

Cheers erupted as the remaining competitors returned to the waiting room.

IN the waiting room.

The girls came into the waiting room to see the boys resting on the benches.

Flor: that was quite a fight,

Black: yeah.

Announcer: the preparations are complete! For the first battle we have solarflare the flareon going against morax the lycanroc. Please welcome the two to the arena!

Flare: looks like im first.

Speed: do your best.

Leafy: good luck flare.

Leafy kissed him lightly on the cheek and flare blushed a little before he went up to the arena.

His opponent the lycanroc ( mid-day form for those curious ) stood on the other side of the arena, smirking at him.

Announcer: 1.....2....battle!

Battle scene.

Flare started by using a flamethrower at his opponent who took the attack confidently, tanking it. The lycanroc then used stone edge and fired it at flare, the sharp boulders hurled at flare who dodged each of them with a bit of effort. He then charged a flame charge and lunged at the lycanroc who smirked and used another stone edge, then he used tackle and quickly followed with bite onto his arm flare let out a yelp in pain and covered himself with flames before launching a flamethrower which dealt a critical hit, finally fainting the lycanroc.

Flare: pant, pant....i won.

The crowd cheered at flares victory as the announcer shouted.

Announcer: the winner of the first 1 vs 1 semi-battle is solarflare the flareon!

Flare descended down the stairs as the crowd continues to cheer for him.

In the waiting room.

Leafy: flare! Are you okay? Oh no, your arm is bleeding!

She hurriedly bandaged his arm and cleaned the rest of the blood using warm water provided by the stadium staff.

Speed: that's quite the techniques you used there, im impressed.

Flare: thanks big bro, guess the training with black and the things you taught me really came in handy.

Announcer: now, for the next battle. Please welcome our two fighters who are both dark types, black the umbreon who will be facing against the sixth champion of sinnoh, scar the absol!