Prologue

NOTE:-
First of all, thank you for clicking on my story and I hope I don't disappoint you.

This is purely a work of fiction and written with my imagination. I don't wish to hurt anyone's religious sentiments. Any kind of plagiarism will not be tolerated.

The plot is my own and based on the events in Mahabharata. This isn't your typical time travel story. The protagonist of the story can alternate between the present and past, which means she'll have two realities.

Your support and feedback is greatly appreciated!
Without further ado, happy reading!

***

Aarohi's POV

I shut my car's door a bit harder than usual, wiping my tears, trying to compose myself before my dear Massi saw me. I quietly went inside and shut the door to my room, when I heard her voice calling out from downstairs.

"Aarohi, come down and eat. It's pasta for dinner night! Your favourite!"
But I couldn't answer.

"Aarohi? Is everything okay baby?" I heard a knock from outside my door.

"Everything's fine. I'm just... murdered..."

"What was that?"

"Uh- I said everything is fine."
I collapsed in bed, trying to blink back tears as it all came rushing back to me.

***

It was funny how what was supposed to be one of the best days in my life, turned out to be one of the worst. My best friend Rudra was shifting to Mumbai, which meant, we'd all be together again. And that I was finally going to tell him how I felt.

I arrived at a charming café, heart pounding as I looked for the person who invited me there to tell me about his big news. And there he was... the person I'd been in love with since before I even knew what love truly was.

"Rudra Khanna, punctual as always huh?"

"Well, I haven't seen you in ages. I didn't want to waste another second."

I should tell him... but the words were caught in my throat.
Ugh! Why was this so hard? Seriously what's wrong with me?

"Aarohi, before I tell you my big news, I actually- -" But he couldn't finish his sentence as a beautiful woman rushed up to us and wrapped him in a tight hug.

"You're finally here!" She said and I immediately recognised that voice. It was Aakriti Saxena, my other best friend. She hugged me next.

"Wait... are... are you two dating?" I asked, hoping it wouldn't be true, but my words hung stupidly in the air, answered only by smiles.

Stop me if you've heard this one before.

Some poor girl finds out her best friend's dating the boy she's loved for years. She's reduced to a sobbing mess, more puddle than a person. She retreats to her room, sniffing in bed for days.

Yeah, I don't like that story either...

"Rudra is your... I mean you and Rudra are..."

"Yup! I know I normally run my boyfriend choices by you first, but Rudra already has your seal of approval!" Aakriti said, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I... I'm speechless- - congrats you two..." I smiled, trying to be happy for them. It wasn't their fault, I was the one who bottled up my feelings all these years.

"Also, I forgot to tell you Aarohi, I'm joining Rudra's firm! We'll be colleagues too!"

"Wow, you guys are just so perfect together!" I said.

"See I told you she'd be happy for us!" Aakriti smiled at Rudra.

"I guess you were right all along Aakriti." Rudra smiled back and suddenly, I wanted to get out of there.

"I should leave you alone for some... couple time. Catch you later!"

As I tried to escape, Rudra jogged to catch up with me.

"There were so many times these past weeks that I wanted to tell you, but Aakriti said it would be better face to face. Aarohi, I just wanted to double check, are you okay with this?" He asked me and of course I bluffed and went back home before the dam of my tears broke.

***

I didn't know when or how, but I fell asleep holding my mother's pearl bracelet. And then when I opened my eyes, I saw a man dressed in a yellow dhoti standing in front of me. He had a peacock feather in his hair and smiled down at me. For some reason I felt so safe, like I could tell him everything, like I knew who he was.

"Is it always going to be like this for me? First that Abhimanyu and now Rudra?" I blurted out before I could figure out what was going on.

"Why don't you find out for yourself Aarohi? Come with me sakhi."

He held out his hand and I got up and took it, waiting for him to take me somewhere that was far away...

***

I hope you all enjoyed the prologue.
More adventures incoming!
Please VOTE and COMMENT so I can continue with the story.