16. You've been invited

~Author's Note~
Hi guys, so here's a new chapter after a long time, I know. Actually I'd rewritten this chapter but then I ended up not liking it so I decided to completely scratch that and write again. Please do vote and leave some inline comments guys as I'm a bit anxious to start posting chapters again after the break. Your support means everything to me.
🤍🤍🤍

VOTE TARGET: Above 100 VOTES

***

"Aarohi you have to try the blue one!" Exclaimed Dushala, as she excitedly beckoned Aarohi to the gorgeous lehengas splayed out on her bed. She had rummaged through them rather quickly and found the perfect ones for her and Aarohi to wear for the coronation.

A few days had passed and it was the grand coronation today. The palace of Hastinapur was decorated gracefully. There was a new spirit in the atmosphere and among the people, who were excited to welcome their Yuvraaj. From dignified nobles to humble villagers, everyone had come to witness the crowning.

Meanwhile Aarohi sat silently near the open window, leaning her head against the wall. She sighed, letting the cool breeze wash over her and dry her damp hair. Even days later, she just couldn't help but think about her fight with Aakriti again. It seemed like the end of their years old friendship and she tried accepting it, but a part of her still wanted to hold on. And she didn't even know why.

"Aarohi? What's so interesting outside the window that you can't take your eyes off of? And don't whine when I get ready before and leave for the coronation without you!" Annoyed at her being totally zoned out, Dushala strolled over to her.

Looking down the window Dushala saw some princes of other kingdoms standing and talking at a distance, dressed in their beautiful royal attires. They must have come to attend the coronation ceremony. She blinked and cracked a mischievous smile. "Ooh I see, that's indeed more interesting than picking outfits with your best friend. Have you taken a liking to someone? I mean I can't blame you they look-"

"It's too early in the morning for you to be this annoying." Aarohi said, coming out of her thoughts. She faked being irritated and jokingly covered her head with a pillow. No matter how sad she was feeling, Dushala would always make her laugh.

Dushala grinned, giving Aarohi a cheeky smile. "Oh? Is there a particular time of day I'm allowed to be annoying?" She pulled Aarohi away from the window and attempted to lift the pillow off of her face, teasing her. "I just know you're blushing under that pillow!"

"Okay okay Maharani Dushala! I'll get ready." Aarohi laughed and stood up, taking the pillow off of her face.

Dushala rolled her eyes and pulled Aarohi along. "Yes that's the right decision. Always listen to your Maharani my dear and I won't throw you into the dungeons! Now go and try this on quickly." She shoved the crystal blue lehenga into Aarohi's arms and ushered her behind the curtains.

Aarohi tried it on and twirled around in front of the mirror. It was beautiful."Not me looking like desi Elsa!"

"Now what is an 'Elsa'?" Dushala asked with a very confused expression on her face.

"She's the ice queen, don't you know?" Aarohi's voice came from behind the curtains, she was giggling at her confusion. Dushala shook her head and rolled her eyes "That is such a strange name, from where do you even think of these? I'll never understand your weird jokes."