15. Afternoon delight

Hey there guys, here is the 15th chapter! Please do vote and comment if you want another update soon. 💕

Leave some comments please!!!🥺🤞

***

It was late afternoon, the sun shone lazily through the clouds, warming up the whole palace pleasantly as the cold winter approached. Aarohi was in the Royal library, alone. She had a sudden desire to compare the medical knowledge of this era to what she had learned in the modern times. Rummaging through the large and intricately designed wooden bookcases she sighed wearily and proceeded to search for a book on medical practices and medicinal herbs that would fit her requirements.

All the bad things that had happened to her over the past week, even the past month since she started time traveling... everything that kept her up at night and stopped her from smiling during the day, was almost forgotten or at the very least... buried deep inside her heart, concealed from anyone and everyone. Aarohi had pulled herself together as if those moments of pain and weakness had never happened.

No, she wouldn't let this break her. Never.

"Aha! Found you." She exclaimed, clapping her hands together. She had found the perfect book! Her eyes twinkled, thinking about the interesting things she was going to study. Learning about something that had her interest could never bore her. She extended her arm and stood on her tip toes to reach for the book. But she quickly realised that it was not going to happen. The book was on the top shelf and she was too short.

"Ugh- why didn't I wear heels today? Like that was even going to help anyway. That bookcase is huge and the book I want is on the top shelf!" She huffed in sudden frustration. "Do I need to call a tall man for help now...?" Aarohi muttered crossing her arms and rolling eyes. She could almost hear a certain someone making fun of her height.

Not wanting to give up because of that minor setback, she scanned the room for anything that could help. Luckily she spotted a stool! Lifting, or rather dragging it with her, she brought it near the bookcase and carefully stood on it. Her legs shook a little, hence she found out the stool wasn't perfectly levelled, it was wobbly. Nonetheless, she attempted to stand upright and reach for the book, only to come an inch shorter.

"Seriously?! I hate it here!" Aarohi stood on her toes even as the stool underneath her shook. Everything was bigger in comparison with the future, even her bed here was enormous and could fit seven more people of her size.

Suddenly, an unanticipated laugh from behind distracted her. She stumbled and lurched to grab onto something but only loose sheets of paper came in hand. Flailing backwards, she lost her footing and fell downwards, right into the outstretched arms of the man who had laughed.

"Arjun...?" The sheets of paper floated around them unhurriedly like the time had slowed down. Their eyes clashed just for a moment before they both pulled away as if afraid of what might happen if they'd stared for another instant.

"What's so funny...?" She rolled her eyes artfully.

"Oh... nothing much, it was fun watching you struggle. What were you even doing up there? Getting a book?" He chuckled.

"Well, it is a library of you've payed attention to your surroundings instead of me."

"Oh? Are you insinuating that I only have eyes for you? That is a bold accusation, Kumari." Arjun remarked, raising his eyebrows. His grip on her waist tightened ever so slightly, making Aarohi suppress a shiver.

"Only if you want it to be... now please do me a favour and put me down." Aarohi calmed herself down and instead boldly whispered the sentence close to his ear, her arms were wrapped around his neck and she could swear she saw Arjun's face turn into a deeper shade than usual as his skin bumped up into goosebumps for just a second.