5. The clash

Finally, here's the chapter!
Enjoy my dear readers and please tell me how it was.
Also, added those memes at the end.

Don't forget to vote and please comment.

***

And suddenly...

Aarohi found herself in the terrible clutches of dread as she felt a large hand slowly creep up her back, resting onto her shoulder.

And she heard a man's haggard voice, "What's a pretty little thing like you doing all on your lonesome? Mmm... Let me fix that..."

"Excuse m-me?" Aarohi questioned, her voice a bit shaky from the sudden encounter, she was obviously tired from long the night. Even with her ankle hurting awfully, she got up from her chair and turned to face the scumbag. It was Vrikasura, of course!

'Like father, like son. Creeps.'

"Come on my beauty, it looks like you're in desperate need of someone who can take care of you." He came closer gesturing towards her ankle as Aarohi's footing faltered, she couldn't stand for much longer because of the sprain. From the way he was slurring all his words, it was clear that he was intoxicated.

Aarohi swallowed hard, trying to gulp down her fear. She glanced around for an escape, suddenly aware of how alone she was, how isolated from others.

"Let me take care of you and carry you back to your room... just command me princess... I can do anything you need..." He grazes a finger along her jaw.

And yet, even when paralysed with fear, she couldn't stop herself from acting unfazed and responding back almost mechanically, "Have all the other girls already rejected you? That's probably why you made the mistake of coming to me, right? And no offence, but you're simply useless when it comes to my list of needs and demands." She hurriedly turned back and moved away.

"Wow, you're quite uptight... but don't worry, I'll help loosen you up- -" Vrikasura rests a hand against her back.

And suddenly, something snaps inside Aarohi.
She spins around swiftly, elbowing him hard in the stomach.

He stumbles backwards, obviously shocked.

In a flash, she wrenches his hand away and slams it hard on the table. There was a loud crack.

"AARGH! You broke my hand you little- -"

He shoves her back in anger and poor Aarohi falls back hard on the ground, a few ceramic vessels shattering around her.

"Nhh~" The sharp shards gash her already injured leg as she topples.

"AAROHI!" Shouted Arjun noticing what was happening, rushing towards her. All the commotion had attracted his attention, since he was already looking for Aarohi because Dushala had requested him to help her back to her room, as she wouldn't be free of her duties anytime soon.

As Vrikasura advances on the fallen girl, Arjun grabs him and throws him back.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"This witch broke my damn hand! Do you how much it hurts?!"

"Good that it hurts! And enough of your antics Vrikasura! You still have one good hand don't you? Get lost before I break this one too!" Arjun warns, furious. Vrikasura glares at him but eventually steps back and leaves, clearly at a loss, clutching his broken hand.

As he leaves Arjun turns back to the Aarohi. "Aarohi, are you alright- -"

...but she's gone.

The only thing left behind was a trail of crimson blood that dripped down her leg as she'd walked away. But Arjun couldn't just let her go and face this on her own, even when he was mad at her for supporting Karna yesterday, she needed help. And there was no way the stubborn girl would ask for it herself.