8. The misleading bestfriend

Don't forget to vote and please leave some inline-comments.

The sooner you guys vote the faster you'll get the next update!
Don't make me wait!

***

It was early in the morning, the sun was shining beyond the horizon emitting it's golden rays. In the palace of Hastinapur, the sound of heavy footsteps of a man echoed through the hallways. He was looking for someone, but stopped in his tracks as her heard some voices, loudly arguing.

"They got burnt? What do you mean they got burnt Vrikasura?!" Shakuni hissed at his son ruthlessly.

"But father, it wasn't my fault it was the wind- -"

"How can you be so dumb and careless? Those scrolls were both of utmost importance!"

He only heard parts of the sharp arguing, but it made him ecstatic, especially since he knew Vrikasura deserved that and worse. It was Arjun, of course and had been looking for Aarohi to check on her and tell her that they would be travelling to Anga from today, but he had stumbled upon a gold mine in the process.

"I can't believe it. I have to tell Aarohi about this, she'll probably be happy to hear Vrikasura getting chewed out by his own father." He turned around, but as he was about to walk away, a voice called out to him.

"Enjoying the show Parth?" Krishna approached him cheerfully, while Arjun shook his head grinning ear to ear.

"What's not to enjoy about this Madhav?" Arjun stated, while Krishna narrowed his eyes mischievously.

"Are you hoping to find my dear little sister so you can tell her about this Parth? I didn't notice you've gotten this close that you've both started to gossip with each other." He smiled, eyes sparking playfully, while Arjun stammered, thinking of an appropriate answer.

"Oh no- - Madhav I wasn't actually- -"

"Oh! Really Arjun? Is this your way of saying that you like my sister more than me and you both won't include me into your gossip group?" Krishna gasped, offended.

"Madhav no- - I - I was actually going to inform her that we were leaving for Ang Rajya today and if she was fine enough to come with me - - no, not just me I mean us. A-As in all of us! She would be with mata-"

"Wow Parth, do you consider me as such an irresponsible brother? I'm hurt! You're not trying to keep my sister all to yourself are you?" Krishna's hearty laughter filled the palace while Arjun wiped a bead of sweat from his forehead, his face flushing a shade of deep red as he looked away from his Madhav's serene eyes, afraid of what they might find out, making him chuckle even more.

"I'm sorry Parth, but that look on your face was adorable! Hey, maybe Aarohi would have liked that expression, maybe you should make that face while you gossip."

"Madhav, please, I-" Arjun almost groaned audibly.

"Aww. Don't pout Phalguna, I was simply messing with you! And as for Aarohi, she will be arriving with me, so don't worry, she'll be alright. Unless... do you doubt me?" Krishna faked a frown while Arjun shook his head repeatedly.

"No, Madhav. How could anyone doubt you?" He replied, trying to gain his bearings, while Krishna patted him on his shoulder, satisfied. That was enough teasing for the day.

"You might not understand yet Arjun, but I understand how you feel..." Krishna whispered softly and left, smiling at his dear friend once more, while he was left standing alone in the hallway, not being able to control the heat rising up to his face. Arjun was absolutely lost, and he had no idea why.