Ender Pearl

Pearlescentmoon was human(?). Human until proven innocent. Human with a side of maybe. Nobody had bothered to ask her yet, was the thing, which, really, they probably should have, after the Gem-stealing-xB's-name incident.

Nonetheless, nobody had, and so here Impulse was, chatting and generally being friendly with Pearl, the very-probably human. She hadn't shown any signs of being nonhuman, in the weeks since she'd joined the server, so Impulse figured it was fair to make assumptions about things at this stage.

He really should have just asked her.

"So, what do you have planned out there?" Pearl asked, as the two walked along together.

"I'm gonna build a chocolate factory!" Impulse smiled, pulling up images from his creative test world to show her.

"That's really cool!" Pearl nodded, "I want to build, like, a mountain, with some sort of structure on it – I haven't yet decided which one."

"Well, so long as you don't change your mind halfway!"

"Uh..."

"Pearl," Impulse warned.

"Well..."

"Pearl."

"I can't guarantee anything..."

"Pearl, look at me." Impulse stopped dead in his tracks, putting his hands on Pearl's shoulders as she turned to face him. She was slightly taller than he was, so he ended up looking at her nose instead of making direct eye contact, but the point was still there. "You are not tearing down your base halfway through to change it to something else."

"But what if I wanna?" Pearl asked.

"It will hurt you, Pearl. I did that all of last season, and it kept me up at night."

"That seems like a you problem."

"Pearl," Impulse's gaze drifted up to meet Pearl's, her eyes boring into his. They were a nice shade of purple, how come he'd never noticed before? "Promise me you won't do it."

Instead of promising Impulse anything, Pearl unhinged her jaw, letting out a shill scream, before biting Impulse's head directly off his shoulders.

ImpulseSV was slain by PearlescentMoon

Pearlescentmoon was not, in fact, human. Good to know! Everyone enjoys a learning experience!

Impulse respawned, body aching with the terrible pain that could only come from angering an enderman. He sat up, rolling his shoulders, before opening his comm to apologise to Pearl. He was best friends with an ender hybrid, Vex-be-damned! He should have known better than to look anyone in the eye!

Before he could hit send, Pearl teleported into his room, still screaming, jaw still alarmingly unhinged, and now wielding a netherite sword. Impulse put up his hands, averting his gaze, trying to show that he was nonthreatening, but apparently all that did was give Pearl an opportunity to stab him right through the chest. He gave her the most pitiful look of betrayal that he could muster without meeting her gaze again, before poofing into a respawn.

ImpulseSV was slain by PearlescentMoon

The moment Impulse opened his eyes, he felt the sword go through his chest again. His body locked up, not prepared to heal so soon after two respawns in a row. Internally, Impulse groaned, settling in for the long run as he died, yet again, by Pearl's hand.

☽★✬✸✰✸✬★☾

ImpulseSV was slain by PearlescentMoon

Renthedog: Jeez, what did you do to upset her that bad?

ImpulseSV was slain by PearlescentMoon

Goodtimewithscar: Can whoever is screaming at the top of their lungs in boatem please stop? A man's trying to get his beauty rest over here!

ImpulseSV was slain by PearlescentMoon

Grian: not me!

ImpulseSV was slain by PearlescentMoon

Tango: Yeah its pretty clear that its Impy or Pearl

ImpulseSV was slain by PearlescentMoon

ImpulseSV: gelp

ImpulseSV was slain by PearlescentMoon

ImpulseSV: eey

ImpulseSV was slain by PearlescentMoon

ImpulseSV: enedr

Renthedog: We have no idea what youre talking about, my guy

ImpulseSV was slain by PearlescentMoon

ImpulseSV: ski

ImpulseSV was slain by PearlescentMoon

Tango: Is Pearl an ender hybrid?

ImpulseSV was slain by PearlescentMoon

Grian: Yeah?

ImpulseSV was slain by PearlescentMoon

Grian: oh

ImpulseSV was slain by PearlescentMoon

Grian: oh no

☽★✬✸✰✸✬★☾

"PEARL!" Grian yelled, running into Impulse's starter house as fast as possible. From this close, it was pretty easy to tell that it was, in fact, Pearl who was emitting the terrible screaming. "STOP KILLING HIM!"

Pearl stabbed Impulse again, unheeding. Grian sighed, and took out his axe, cleanly beheading her in one go.

ImpulseSV was slain by PearlescentMoon

PearlescentMoon was slain by Grian

After a few tense seconds, in which Grian was terrified that he'd been one death in the loop too late, Impulse respawned, heaving in a breath before immediately bracing for the next strike.

PearlescentMoon: oh no

PearlescentMoon: im so sorry impulse i didnt mean to i just. its hard to get out of ender rampage mode for me

PearlescentMoon: you okay?

ImpulseSV: fine. Bleedign but ive had wrose.

Tango: We are having words about that response once you've recovered, mister.

Grian: If you could bring some health potions, Pearl, that would be much appreciated.

PearlescentMoon: of course. im so sorry.

ImpulseSV: don't blmae you i messed up. Sorry about eye contatct.

Grian: Impulse stop typing I'm trying to bandage you

ImpulseSV: ok

ImpulseSV: lol

"Impulse," Pearl began, flying into his bedroom and handing Grian her entire stock of healing potions, "I'm so sorry–"

"Don't be," Impulse interrupted, "It happens to the best of us."

"I could have permakilled you," her voice was barely above a whisper.

"Nah," Impulse shook his head, "You've been a Hermit for a while now, you know we're all stubborn as they come. If I'd actually died, Zed's next experiment would have been necromancy."

"...If you're sure," Pearl granted him, wary.

"Just promise me you won't tear down your entire build."

"...I think I can do that."