Closing Words

"Aw man," Tango commented, leaning over Etho's shoulder, as they peered into the strange timeline-window Doc had accidentally ripped open in an attempt to reopen the rift, "I can't believe that it takes selling your soul for you to finally beat the washed-up allegations."

"I can beat the washed-up allegations any time," Etho insisted.

"Sure, buddy, keep telling yourself that."

"Well, it seems like it took you selling your soul to get some actual friends, in that world," Etho teased.

"I–" Tango protested, his shoulders tensing, "Maybe other-Tango knew her some other way. Maybe I know her in this reality. You don't know me. I could be 600 years old and eat souls for a living! You know nothing about my life!"

"Yeah, that's about as likely as me ever losing my reputation as a washed-up old man."

"Well, at least you admit it," Tango huffed, crossing his arms.

❄︎✶❀❁❀✶❄︎

"That's torture!" Iskall gestured at the hole in reality, "Your bird-poop tower is torturing that poor alternate version of myself!"

"Hey! My tower is perfectly pretty!" BDubs protested, "And clearly, you secretly like my builds, if your very soul latched onto one of my trees!"

"I hope the world's BDubs changes the palette of his base just to prove you wrong."

"I hope that Iskall learns to love diorite, just to prove you wrong."

"Yeah, no, that's not happening in a million timelines," Cleo commented, "Just change the channel so Iskall stops looking like they're about to explode."

❦❆☞✿☜❆❦

"Hey, Zed, you alright?" Impulse asked, gently tapping Zed on the shoulder. Zed gave a start, turning to look at Impulse, from where he'd been staring at the other world, fascinated.

"Better than alright!" he grinned, "As long as, you know, I was given the opportunity to agree to it first, I would love to have my chest all... contraptionized! It looks so cool! If you, uh ignore the fact that other-Zedaph was technically tortured to make it happen."

"...If you're sure," Impulse still gave Zed a worried look. He had no idea why Impulse was so concerned, he was perfectly fine! Just like always!

⚙︎❇︎♞✥♞❇︎⚙︎

"...I don't like the implication that that universe has had to deal with multiple cursed artefacts," False ultimately decided.

"Well, I mean, it makes sense if you think about it," Gem considered, "Since, in order for that world to have one weird cursed artefact, there has to be, like, a mechanism for making that happen."

"We've had a couple weird cursed artefacts crop up in our reality, though," Tango pointed out. At some point, he had obtained popcorn. Impulse suddenly looked nervous.

"Promise me that if you find a cursed axe, you won't attack me with it?" he asked, giving False a pleading look.

"It's okay!" Gem grinned, "I would just body-slam her here, too!"

"I don't think I would go down that easily," False argued, before being knocked over by a grinning GeminiSlay.

♕♡☺︎☞☜☺︎♡♕

"Gem, False, stop fighting," Cleo chided, "This one features Gem."

Gem and False continued wrestling, until Cleo scruffed Gem like a rowdy kitten and turned her to face the window.