Chapter 6: Mother and Son

When they came home, Serenity was making white rice and fried shrimp for dinner. Especially for Goku.

She had learned how to cook because of the book that she had read. Yes, she wanted to do experience since she wanted to try another hobby.

She smiled at this as she remembered back when she was fourteen, she used to be clumsy and crybaby a lot, but she grew up out of it. She is twenty-one now. Not only she became Neo Queen Serenity after saving the world.

Even though she may be the go housewife who cooks dinner and cleans the house all the time, he would always do that for her husband Mamoru. When Serenity was done cooking, she put them on the clean plate and placed the plate on the table beside Goku who looked thrilled in hunger.

Serenity smiled, "Well, here you go, husband. The food is done."

"Thanks, Chichi! You're the best wife there is!" Goku said excitedly before digging the food in by eating.

She puffed feeling a bit exhausted after she was done cooking.

"Mom! Dad! I'm home!" Serenity heard the boy calling out. She turned around and saw it was Gohan who came into the house.

"Hi, Gohan. Welcome home, dear." Serenity greeted him.

"Oh, hi, Mom." Gohan greeted her back, didn't expect to see her look so happy. She saw the pieces of memories about how she had yelled at them all the time and she didn't understand why this person had treated her son that way. She knew it was time to be a better parent like she always do to Chibiusa.

"Gohan, I really wanted to apologize for seeing this. I know you think I'm still angry at your father, but not anymore. Turned out he makes me feel better to be a good husband, especially a good father to you." Serenity said, showing him her affection side.

"That's okay, Mom. You don't scare me that much. I knew Dad would make you feel happy after seeing you upset." Gohan said, smiling at her.

She nodded. "Would you like some dinner after you're done training with Piccolo?"

He nodded back. "Sure, Mom."

Then the two of them began to eat their dinner while Goku was still eating. After dinner, Serenity was done eating when she looked at three plates and saw that were empty. She took the three plays and went into the kitchen where there was a sink and a dishwasher. She rinsed the plate off in the sink and then put it in the dishwasher to be washed later.

Serenity went to the bedroom before getting ready for bed, she went looking over the shelves and found plenty of clothes. She picked a dress that looked big. Serenity didn't say anything as she was feeling awkward. She put them away and brought the short pants and white tank top.

Ugh... I need to buy new clothes, Serenity thought.

She walked back into the dining room and saw Gohan playing the game board with Goku. "Hey, Gohan. Would you like to go to the mall with me? I was thinking of taking you to the mall with me."

"Sure. Why not, Mom?" Gohan shrugged.

"Hey, Chichi, wanna play game board with us?" Goku asked her.

"No, thanks. I'm ready for bed. I will see you tomorrow morning." Serenity before going to the bedroom. After that, she put on short pants and a white tank top before going to bed. She sighed, feeling sad as she missed Mamoru and her friends. She wondered how they were doing, hoping she will find them tomorrow.

***

When the morning comes, Serenity woke up as she thought it was a dream. She rolled over and saw someone was sleeping next to her. She smiled, thinking it was Mamoru.