chapter five: farrah f𝐚wcett

__________
-UNKEPT-
PROMISES

Lies are a form of the unkept promise that seemed to be a silent agreement in a family household to never take place

Lies are a form of the unkept promise that seemed to be a silent agreement in a family household to never take place. In some ways more than one, Valentina seemed to always be the only person in her family to be that person. Yet the only thing she could ever hide was her feelings. Although some situations were an exception.

"I'm sorry, could you repeat that? Cause I don't know if I'm now just discovering that my hearing all my life has been impaired or that I'm also blind to not see that my father, Armando Alma, has been working with the government this whole time? That's-" she started laughing in shock, while the rest of the group looked at her in worry, "That's a good one. Are there any cameras? Is this a prank show? No."

Furrowing his eyebrows, Dustin questioned, "What do you mean no? It can't get much simpler than what we've already explained. What else do you want us to say? That you definitely haven't been lied to your whole life!"

Putting hands up in surrender, Valentina sarcastically claimed, "Boy what a charmer you are. You wouldn't last a day in my house. Completely besides the point, what the hell did Farrah Fawcett here mean that you guys needed me? By the looks of it, you've got this whole hellhole of a town under control, except for what happened to Hopper anyways. It just all kind of reminds me of Back To The Future."

Robin chortled at the newfound nickname for Steve. In his defence, Steve blew a raspberry, "Who told you?"

Valentina started to laugh in realisation, "No one. I just said Farrah Fawcett because your hair kind of looks like hers, but now it all makes sense."

Blushing in embarrassment, Steve also wondered aloud, "What's Back To The Future?"

Different complaints were heard, but of course Valentina's was a bit more audible than the others. "You've probably seen it, it's the one filmed in a real small town or Uptown as the Californians call it. The one with Marty McFly."

Nothing came to mind for Steve, until he remembered, "You mean the one with Alex P. Keaton?"

Groaning, Valentina rebutted, "God! You're such a himbo," not realising what she said, she covered her mouth with her hands.

Robin, Dustin, and Max were just watching the interaction, heads going back and forth like a tennis match. Confused again, Steve looked at Valentina once more, "What's a hambo?"

Pausing mid-chewing of her gum, Valentina possibly had quite enough of Steve Harrington for the day. Sure she continued to have an obvious one-sided crush, but he was starting to get on her nerves, questioning her choice of a kind of guy.

"Enough!" The fiery redhead shouted. "You two seem like you'd be a lovely couple, and could cut the tension with a knife, but right now, this no-good of a town needs us." Robin and Dustin shook their heads in agreement.