chapter fourteen: i could never love someone

A/N: the picture above is steve's outfit for the chapter & buckle up it's going to be a long chapter

__________
-UNKEPT-
PROMISES

People always have this anxious feeling in their stomachs when they are put in specific situations they don't want to deal with

People always have this anxious feeling in their stomachs when they are put in specific situations they don't want to deal with. Though there may be different outcomes, most of the time they have to put on a mask of confidence.

That person was Valentina, as she stood outside her house, not knowing what to expect when she walks in. She looked up at the house, taking a deep breath.

"So are we going in or not?"

Blinking out of her mostly anxious state, Valentina turned her head to look at her brother. "Jesus, calm down." She inched forward to unlock the door. Slowly turning the nob, the two were met with silence.

They looked at each in curiosity, until they heard a voice. It belonging to Christina.

"Valentina?" she moved forward to put her hand out to her. Although Valentina moved back in reaction.

"Listen, I'm sorry we've been keeping this a secret from you. But we had no choice."

"No choice? You had the option to run the other way when Brenner offered to experiment on me or take up on his offer. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure I would've done the first option," Valentina sarcastically replied.

"How are we supposed to know if we can trust you anymore. Is there anything else you've been hiding?" she added, as she walked around the living room.

Christina went to respond, but was interrupted. "We received this box a few days ago. If you had seen what was inside we were afraid that you'd go after him."

Staring at the box in Armando's hands, Valentina didn't know if it was a trick or not. But she took it anyway.

First reading the label, she furrowed her eyebrows when she saw the stamp. "Russia? Who's sending me stuff from Russia?"

Opening the box, then looking inside to find Matryoshka dolls. "Well that's not creepy."

Taking them out of the box, Valentina opened them until she got to the very last doll. Inside was a note, an encrypted one.

Hop Is Alive!

He looks ford to seeing you again.

Pleez do not tell anyone about this leter.

Contact Enzo
567-892