chapter six: 𝐝umb & dumber

__________
-UNKEPT-
PROMISES

Being a little kid was always as fun as they made it out to be, except for having to go to sleep at an early time

Being a little kid was always as fun as they made it out to be, except for having to go to sleep at an early time. Although, there were always the superhero shows, movies, and comics. Valentina dreamt of becoming one, one day. But she then wondered who would be the villain in her case. Never did she believe that such a fantasy could turn into a reality, about there being a villain that is.

"Vecna. Vecna. Vecna. Who and what is a Vecna? Right," Valentina started to mimic Dustin and Eddie, "An undead creature, a spell caster, a dark wizard. God what the hell did I get myself into?"

"Living hell. Ever since all this weird stuff happened, nothing has ever been the same. I mean when I first got pulled into all this, it was nothing, even though I was scared for my life. The Demogorgon, then the Mind Flayer, last year it was both the Mind Flayer and Billy, and now this. It's ridiculous to be honest with you, " Steve rambled on.

Valentina turned around to meet Steve's gaze and froze, before repeating, "A Demogorgon, Mind Flayer, and Billy? Holy shit."

Cluelessly shrugging his shoulders, Steve questioned, "Yeah, what about them?"

Scoffing, she replied, "Oh I don't know, maybe it just has to deal with the fact that this is all news to me. I swear to god I so called it, Hopper you son of a bitch."

Pointing at his chest, raising his eyebrows, "You mean Steve?"

"What? No! Will Byers! The case!" her words becoming scrambled and out of place. "About three years ago when I helped Hopper with Will's case, I did some of my own research of what could've possibly happened. To my surprise, I found out that some sketchy shit was also taking place in Montauk, New York and somehow, there's- was a connection between the two. Still following?"

With a nod of Steve's head, she continued, "But here in Hawkins, there were reports of a weird figure going around, the government covered it all up, but I was able to get into the database of the Montauk Center. And shit it was amazing, I found pictures of figures that matched up to what people were using to describe the figure that was in this town a few years ago."

Steve's eyes brightened in realization, "The Demogorgon."

"Obviously, the Demogorgon, but everything that I ever found for this case, had to be dropped since Hopper told me. So I don't think that it would hurt to give a crack at this case," she went into further details and started to walk towards the street.

"Woah! Hold it! Where do you think you're going?" Steve questioned as the rest of the group, minus Eddie, walked outside.

"My- To the house I grew up in, where I guess we all lie apparently. It was a pleasure working with you all," she saluted them before starting her ways home.

"Way to go, Dingus!"

Surprised that Steve hadn't followed her home, Valentina had started to speed walk after she heard noises from the woods.