chapter eight: trish johnson

__________
-UNKEPT-
PROMISES

Everyone has a way of showing affection

Everyone has a way of showing affection. People buying stuff for others, and friends, well friends always did have a way of showing they cared. Because when being in a worrisome position creates havoc, all of a sudden they don't know what to do.

But one thing's for sure, Valentina Alma was not like others, she would either run away from her problems and when she wanted to save someone, she ran to them.

Therefore she quickly got out of the car and ran inside where she called out, "Max! Dustin! Harrington?"

"Yeah over here," a familiar voice answered.

With both Nancy and Robin caught up to the group, Max began going into detail, "It was here. It was right here."

"A grandfather clock?"

With the furrowing of her eyebrows, Max continued, "It was so real. And then when I got closer, suddenly I just I woke up."

There was quite a long pause in the room before it was broken. "It was like she was in a trance. There was a clock, a grandfather one at that. She was sitting in Ms. Kelly's office, but she was mentally in a different world where Vecna was calling for her."

"H-how do you know that?" Max questioned Valentina in amazement.

"I was in a trance myself and I uh- I saw you, but it felt like I was frozen and couldn't do anything."

"Oh, so you're a visionary or a visionist! Cool, that's great, totally not strange at all," Steve commented, "While that's a new concern, we have more stuff in our hands than we think."

Nodding her head, Max explained, "Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Ms. Kelly for help. They both were having headaches, bad headaches, that wouldn't go away. And then the nightmares, trouble sleeping, they'd wake up in a cold sweat, then they'd start seeing things. Bad things, from their past."

Valentina's hands started to shake as her breathing patterns started to slowly intensify.

"These visions, they just, they kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually, everything ended." Everyone else's minds started to put the information together, seeing where Max was heading.

"Vecna's curse." Robin declared.

"Chrissy's headaches started a week ago. Fred's, six days ago, mine started four days ago, so for all we know there's someone else out there who's going to die tomorrow," Max claimed while giving Valentina a glance, but then realised she was about to have a panic attack. "Valentina, can you hear me?"

Everyone turned their heads to her, but seemingly grabbed Steve's focus more than anything. Rushing to her aid, he took a hold of her hands to guide her to a chair.

As she sat down, Steve's eyes were filled with worry. He put his hands on her face trying to steer her focus away from the ground. "Alma, look at me. Look at me, it's okay. It's just you and me."