Gohan x reader

(Videl doesn't exist in this story)

You and Gohan were classmates in university, he was trying to become a scholar and you were trying to get your degrees. You both had a few elective classes together and that's how you became friends first year.

You guys would spend endless amounts of time at the library sometimes longer then the normal workers, you two would meet up in the morning before classes and then again after classes until night time.

Studying together would become a daily thing and on weekends you would meet up on Saturday's at the park to do more school work, much time you guys spent doing work, it pay off as you had a 3.8 Gpa and it was how you and gohan had become very close friends.

You knew about everything about a year into your friendship when you caught him or should we say he caught you from falling out of a tree at the park. He was in the tree beside yours, you guys were making jokes and you started laughing hysterically and end up slipping. You thought you would have landed on your back and get the wind knocked out if you, but you were in the arms of gohan.

After that awkward conversation you guys had pretty much told each other everything and had trusted the other with your lives.

Through spending all this time with Gohan you had developing a major crush on him, he made you happier then you thought you could be and he always cared about how you were doing physically and mentally.

Gohan had noticed his feelings developing for you but was too nervous about ruining your guys friendship that he never wanted to bring it up. He had no idea that you were feeling the exact same way and weren't considering acting on your feelings but you had just gotten a letter in the mail inviting you and a guest to the Yearly Business Gala for all business and economic students. The only guest that had been on your mind since you read that letter was Gohan, and you really hoped he would go with you.

*Maybe I can ask him and either way we'll go as friends or as a date*you were thinking to yourself while on your way to the park for your weekly Saturday study sessions, you were playing with your fingers as you walked down the sidewalk.

Gohan offered to pick you up these days but you told him that getting the exercise is good for you. As you got closer you started to see him in your usual spot under the tree you had fell out of. After that day you had made that tree your spot and Gohan would occasionally make jokes about it.

In your mind you started thinking of how you would ask and then you started to get more nervous. What will he say ? Will he even want to go? All these different thoughts started to cloud your mind as you got closer.

You looked up as you reached the entrance of the park to see Gohan waving at you, and suddenly all those thoughts went away. You just felt happy to be in his presence again, you waved back and you started walking a little quicker to get there.

"Hey Y/n ! I'm glad you made it!" Gohan said with his classic sheepish smile

"I wouldn't miss it for the world!" You said without thinking, as soon as those words left your lips you felt your face redden. You quickly put your stuff down while looking down kind of embarrassed.

"Me either, let's get started" you looked over to see his face was kind of red too, could he possibly be feeling the same way as you ? You shook that thought from your head as you and gohan got started.

You and Gohan were quizzing each other and going over problems for other classes that the other knew about to help, even sometimes you guys would just teach the other new things so they could understand what the other needed to learn to help.

After an hour of studying you realized you had yet to ask him to the gala event. You started to get nervous overthinking all the possibilities but that was short lived when gohan interrupted your thoughts.

"Y/n you look stressed out are you okay ? The problem can't be that hard can it haha" Gohan said with a bit of a laugh to try a cheer you up.

"No haha it's not a problem but I do have something to ask" you paused and looked over at Gohan to see him intrigued to what is going on, So you continue " there is this gala for the business degree people and i got a plus one and I wanted to know if you wanted to go with me" you held in a breath as you watch his reaction.

"Of course I'll go with you..... but uhh what is a gala?" He first said with a smile then a confused face. You let out the breathe before breaking out into a little laugh.

"Haha oh ahh i've never been to one but it's like a fancy dance, I'll have to get a dress and you would come in a suit or something nice like that and we go to this place where we have dinner and then we dance... I'm not entirely sure why they throw them..... but if you don't want to come it's" you started taking a little quicker at the end and gohan grabbed your hand and interrupted you.

"Y/n! I'd love to do that with you, is this a date?" He raised his eyebrows with a bit of a smile

"It doesn't have to be to but if you want it to it can be" you were trying not to let your face turn red but unfortunately you couldn't

"Y/n this will be the first of our many dates" He said as he leaned forward and gave you a kiss.