7

Barcelona- p5

Amadeus had always loved Barcelona but it seemed Barcelona didn't always love him back. 

Leclerc had collided with him pushing him into the barrier, the fact that he lost just three positions was a miracle, but with some damage to the car, Amadeus was back on defense duty. which landed him in p5 in his second home race.

The rest of the day he answered media questions as briefly as he could, he wanted to get it over with so that he could be alone to wallow in self-pity.

Carlos had gone out with Isa and Amadeus was left to slowly spiral on the couch in Maria's house after she destroyed his miticulus meal plan with about twelve servings of food. If he was being honest the last person he wanted to be around right now was himself.

He didn't care if Lamborghini was happy with the result he was far outperforming his teammate but he was struggling to meet his own expectations and the media wasn't leaving him alone.

Maria came in looking at the boy who looked like a kicked puppy on her couch.

"stop sulking... how about we go into town for a walk like we used to, i missed you I don't want you all sad on my couch"

amadeus smiled

"I don't want to move Maria"

"come on like old times," she said softly

and that was enough for him to find himself in the streets of Barcelona. When amadeus would visit his dad over the summer, Maria would always take him on late-night walks in town, they would sneak out and get ice cream.

Maria was his aunt, yes but she was only ten years older than amadeus so in a way she was more like a sister than an aunt.

They got ice cream like old times as they laughed like lunatics in the narrow street.

Maria suddenly stopped nudging amadeus

"Remember this place" she said

she was looking at a tattoo parlor. It was where amadeus got his first tattoo. Where she took him to get his first tattoo.

"How could I not, you've always helped me annoy Papa...I wonder how supportive you will be when Diego wants the same"

"Absolutely not...he's only ten and already buzzing about an ear piercing... not happening by the way," she said frustrated

amadeus smiled

"oh I know you will cave in soon"

Maria shoves him in response

" I've been thinking of getting something for a while"

"I don't like your face... what does that face mean" she frowned

"come on Maria for old times sake.."

what better time to pierce your face than when you are extremely unstable?

That is how he found himself walking out with a stud on the side of his lip and a laughing mess of an aunt walking next to him

"oh, Dios!! your face!! I can't" she wheezed next to him leaning on his shoulder

the piercer let's say was a little flirty making amadeus both red and uncomfortable turns out she was flirting with Maria the whole time leaving amadeus with a horrified expression on his face. Which brought Maria lots of joy. 

"It's not that funny Maria" 

As he left the parlor he looked into his phone camera. It matched him well. He knew Carlos would kill him but so what, he's an adult.