22

He couldn't breathe. He was in an airplane bathroom and he couldn't breathe. Amadeus felt like he was dying. Flashes and fragments of memories flashed in his brain.

whispers and flashing lights.

he can feel the glass slice through his back again.

everything was ringing

"Stop..stop please" he whispered 

"YOU WILL DO AS I WANT AND AS I FUCKING SAY, DO YOU HEAR ME!!"

He finally took in a sharp inhale. It was only a second till he was puking his guts out. 

He collapsed breathing heavily when everything was out. 

 Amadeus was struggling more and more every day. He was doing so well, everything was buried and under control but ever since Belgium it was like everything he held a tight lid on had gone loose, but this time with everything going on no one was around to calm him down. He was shutting down. He was high almost every weekend. His fake smiles weren't working with Sandra anymore. 

 So he sat there breath heavy as he leaned against the toilet. His cheeks were wet with tears after the intensity of his attack. 

He heard a knock on the door. He couldn't get himself to leave the floor. 

 "Is anyone in there?" he heard the person on the other side ask. 

"Yeah," he said tiredly. "one second." 

"Okay sir we are landing soon so please get back to your seat"

"okay one second"

he got up leaning against the sink he looked like shit, which made sense because he felt like shit. He splashed his face with some water and walked out. 

As he got back to his seat he saw Sandra stare at him from across the aisle. concern all over her features.

"Are you okay?"

"yes Sandra don't worry" he smiled.

He held his seat rest tightly as the plane began landing in Germany.

...

Seven races left and amadeus was now third in the driver standings. Valterri was one mistake away from having his second place taken and amadeus was one mistake away from Max taking his place.

He is focused fully as he enters the paddock for qualifying. The media had calmed down about the excessive personal questions after he repeatedly just said "no", whenever he gets asked something like that. 

daniels pov:

They never did end up going out for dinner, actually, amadeus had barely spoken to him since Belgium. He is never around the paddock. He heard from Lando that he has been staying in Italy working in the factory whenever he can. 

Since his dnf in Belgium amadeus has been on a podium spree with a p3 in Monza and  p2 in Russia. He had been qualifying poorly yet still somehow getting podiums, which only showed the true amount of skill he has. 

...

"Amadeus You won the season opener in Austria, and you've been on the podium in every race except Belgium. What have you been doing to be consistent even when you don't qualify well?"

"I don't do anything special I just push, so if I qualify badly I know I have to make up for it."

Elias who was sitting next to him smiled at his blunt answer.