15

"Okay Daniel so there are obviously a lot of fan-favorite duos on the grid, there was you and Max,  the age-old one of amadeus and Carlos, and this year Carlos and Lando but this year we saw you and amadeus hand around quite a bit so tell me about that what you and Amadeus relationship like," asked an interviewer

"honestly it was not on my bingo cards for this year but yeah Deus and I became surprisingly close, I mean as a driver I always had this respect for him, he's young and he's quick so that was always there, but yeah this year I got to know him and I really do enjoy the time we spend together."

"are you going to miss him in the off-season"

"Actually I think I will. you know we aren't teammates thankfully so there's not that extra rivalry he's a really cool person but maybe well bump into each other during the break"

As the interviewer asked Daniel more questions amadeus walked behind her.

"Deus come here will you"

"hello amadeus great to see you," said the interviewer with a smile,

"thank you very much"

"How are you feeling towards the last race of the season"

"relieved, was honestly such a long season but I feel hopeful that next year will be even better"

"I was just asking Daniel this but will you miss him during the off-season"

"honestly maybe just a little bit" amadeus said with a smile

"oh come on just say you'll miss me"

"I said a little and anyways you could always come to Belgium or Mallorca you're the one that's either in Monaco or Australia"

"yeah you should've moved to Monaco man that's on you"

"oh we both know im never doing that"

Daniel smiled at amadeus maybe he will miss him a bit.

.......

the season ended just like that a final p4 to wrap it up. Amadeus was waiting patiently for the off-season. He was finally back in Belgium. what a season he was glad it was over.

He had been sitting at home all day, but of course, Andrey had something planned.

Today was the third year anniversary of his dad's passing. Amadeus wasn't upset, he just missed him. So he dealt the only way he knew how. He isolated himself and stayed at home.

He was now just laying on the couch scrolling through his phone.

"Deus remember Leo, from the band back in school," said Andrey as he walked into the living room.

"yeah why"

"Well, I bumped into him earlier he's gotten into music, invited me to his concert tonight, "

"yeah I know heard a couple of his songs he's really good"

"He asked if we could come, he specifically asked about you as well, "

"I  haven't spoken to him in ages mate, I don't know if im up for it"

"hey I know today is heavy but I think you should come with me, we used to love going to things like that it'll be good for you, you two were close"

"okay'll see," he said as he got back to his phone.

"come on! go get dressed we can go for dinner first," Andrey said as he shoved amadeus lightly.

amadeus got up reluctantly and went into his room. just as he took off his shirt Andrey came rushing in

"Which one should I wear pick quickly," he said as he held up two shirts.