11

Amadeus was pissed at Andrey. After he found out he was in contact with Laila. He refused to talk to him. He needed time to process. He was flying to Madrid today. They needed some time apart.

He had just landed in Madrid an hour ago and was on his way to Carlos's house. Carlos had suggested picking him up but he brushed him off. As soon as he was at the door he was ready to collapse. the flight was only 2 hours but amadeus hadn't slept in two days. He was exhausted he just wanted to not think or feel anymore.

When he saw Carlos he didn't say anything he just threw himself into his arms. He held on to him for a bit. Carlos was warm and comforting, familiar. He dug his face into his neck. When he leaned back Carlos finally got the chance to take a look at him his hazel eyes were dull, light purple bugs lining them his face was a bit more hollow than usual.

"Oh, Deus..,"

amadeus rubbed at his eyes furiously.

"Where's everyone?" he said deflecting any deep talk. 

Carlos knew him long enough to know he didn't want to talk about it or at least not now.

"come on they're all waiting for you."

back in the garden, he saw everyone sitting enjoying the sun, and swimming in the pool. There was a lot of extended family today as well. As soon as he came in a lot of people noticed him and smiled excitedly. Amadeus hadn't been in Madrid since last summer, so it was safe to say he was missed.

"Oh Deus my boy, come here"

Reyes pulled him into a hug as she ruffled his hair.

"How are you I missed you."

"im okay I missed you too so much"

she looked at his face and frowned slightly

"More piercings?" she said disapprovingly. then looking at Carlos.

"I left him unattended for one day!" he defended

"I promise it's the last one" amadeus smiled cheekily.

"how about you go put your things upstairs and get changed maybe take a nap if you want, till we get food started."

"I will change and come back quickly because I missed you okay"

she smiled lovingly at him as he kissed her cheek and started going back inside.

"Carlos, are you going with him ?"

"yes mama"

they both walked back inside and went upstairs to Carlos's room. they had a guest room but it was tradition. since they were kids whenever amadeus would visit they would share a room.

Amadeus immediately threw himself onto the bed. and he let out a long sigh.

"come on deus don't sleep on my bed with your outside clothes," Carlos said as he laid down next to him.

Amadeus pushed his shoulder as he got up to look for something else to wear.

"put on swim shorts maybe we can go for a swim"

"Okay,"

amadeus came out of the bathroom to see Carlos lying down, he was leaning on his elbows, as he stared into space as if he'd run out of charge. Amadeus had now put on some black swim shorts as he put his airport clothes in the laundry basket.

Carlos could see a couple of new tattoos on his arms, peaking through the sleeves of his shirt. He had gotten thinner but still had defined muscles. They had completely different builds. while Carlos had broad shoulders and defined muscles. amadeus looked almost skinny on first hand unless he had his shirt off you would never assume that he was as lean as he was.