31 | the past

third person's pov (five years ago)

"hi, welcome to Sky Music Academy. i'm gonna be your piano teacher, my name is lee jihyun and you can call me madam lee" the woman who looks like in her late forties said.

Sky Music Academy is an academy that provides you to learn about music and dancing. there are dance class, violin class, piano class and more.

alya had been saving her money for a piano class since she was little after she saw someone played the piano in front of her.

she at least wish she could play one song in her life, so that's why she ended up signing herself to a piano class.

there were five students at total including her. there were two students who is maybe older than her by one or two years. 

as the ice breaking starts, she found out that the girl with dark brown hair was actually her age and the girl with light brown hair is younger than her by one year.

"sorry but i'm curious. are you from korea?"  the girl that goes by yeonsoo asked.

alya shook her head, "i'm from malaysia, unnie" 

yeonsoo smiled, "if we're going to be best friends, you need to drop the honorifics"

alya widened, "is it okay for me to do that?" and the respond she got was a hum.

"now girls, let's move on with our class" 

the day goes by with madam lee teaching the music notes to them. 

after the class, all of them waited in front of the academy for their guardian to pick them up. "let's be best friends" a fifteen-year-old hyeri said with enthusiasm.

the five of them laughed and enjoyed the time together. starting from that day, they became inseparable. 

_______________________________________________________________________

alya's pov (three years ago)

it's devastating seeing her like this. 

it has been two weeks since the love of her life died. haru was a good guy, but unfortunately he suffered with stage-four brain tumour. 

eunji and haru were the perfect couple, both of them completes each other. 

eunji is a girl who can masks her feelings as she doesn't want to worry people. but haru sees it through, he can always sense whenever the girl is feeling a little under the weather.

haru had never date a girl in his life and kang eunji is his first love. his life was miserable before he met her at the cancer charity program that she volunteered in.

both of them have a heart of an angel, helping and caring for others than themselves. putting others first had been their way since they were born.

i would never get bored whenever eunji tells me about her date with him or how they fall in love with each other.

but now, she has been quiet. she had always been the mother of our group of friend, tolerates with our attitudes, the soft one in our group. 

even though she wasn't that talkative but this time it was eerily quiet with her. she won't even let out any noise, eyes strayed whenever they went, mind lost.

she's grieving for her boyfriend, haru that died from brain tumour two weeks ago.

"he didnt even get to meet our baby" with that, i froze doing whatever i was doing. 

suni choked on her hot tea and hyeri gasped loudly. yeonsoo accidentally dropped the magazine that she was holding.

"eunji, you're pregnant?" yeonsoo rushed to her side, asking the question for all of us who is too stunned to speak.

she smiles at us for the first time in this month since haru had been admitted to the hospital cause of his condition worsened.

"congrats, you guys will be aunties" she said it softly, her voice was tired and came out as a whisper.

i hold back my tears from falling when i realised. i realised that haru, the guy that shines her life didnt even get to see his child. did he even know about this? 

hyeri didnt even hide her tears that i guess from both happiness and sadness.

"he's 4 weeks old in my tummy" eunji chuckled, rubbing her hand on her belly softly.

i stammered, "d-did haru.."

she shakes her head and that earns a sob from hyeri. "i was about to tell him on our date that day when he suddenly passed out and got admitted into the hospital"

i cant hold it anymore and slowly sit down on the cold white floor as my tears get ahold of me.

haru was like a brother to me, giving advice to me when i needed love from the opposite gender cause i miss my brothers at malaysia.

he is too matured for his age, protecting us like we're his family. he always treated us like we're his siblings since he's an only child.

"one day i want you to show me the beauty of malaysia. you have been bragging about your country since the first day i met you" and now, he leave me before i could fulfil his wish.

"i want you to be happy by eunji's side when i cant, okay?" he once said to me when he was rushing to go to a family trip. and now he wont be back to make her happy.

eunji and haru were made for each other like soulmates. but now, one of them is not standing on the earth ground anymore, so how can they be soulmates? how can they be happy when they are very much apart with each other?

and now he's not here to watch her belly turns into a ball. he's not here to be there with her when she delivers their baby. he's not here to get her through sleepless nights due to the baby  crying.

he's not here to watch the baby's first steps and first words.

he's not here to watch eunji slowly becoming the mother of his child, the sight that he really wished for.

but he knows that he won't be forever here to make eunji happy. so he leave her with a part of him in her stomach.

he wont ever leave her alone.