35 | trust

the silence is too loud.

everyone is sitting awkwardly on the dining table, staring at each other with a lot of questions.

seungmin hold his laughter as stray kids never have been this silence.

alya was busy preparing food in the kitchen with the help of rokkie.

the little boy slowly approaching them with a bowl of rice in his small hands. "uncles, i present you, the amazing rice!" 

he tried to lighten up the mood, and it was a success since all of them giggles and awed at the cute little boy.

but chan is staring quietly, observing every face feature of the kid, he has a smart mouth like seungmin, but their face are not that similar. is this kid seungmin's or not? when will he explain about all of this? he thinks.

changbin noticed how tense bang chan is, so he signals rokkie to look at bangchan.

the little boy tilt his head, confused what is uncle changbin is doing, so he looks at chan. he sensed the little death stare that chan gave him, so he tried to smile cutely, to win his heart but nothing works.

alya then came and puts a lot of food on the table, some of them are takeouts and some of them are her homemade cookings, before going back to the kitchen to grab a plate of cookies that she made with rokkie this evening.

"here! i made this with eomma" he said, with a cheerful voice. felix immediately lights up and waste no time to try the cookies.

felix groans, "oh my god, you guys need to try these cookies. fucking delicious"

jeongin gasped, "there's a little kid in here, felix!" he turned to look at rokkie, but he already disappears into his room.

the little boy came back with a jar, "you need to pay for cursing in front of me" he demands to felix and han chuckles at his words.

felix sighed, faking sadness, "how much?" he said while reaching for his wallet in his pocket.

rokkie signalled 10 cents with his little finger. seungmin then jokes and said, "you need to pay 10 dollars, dude"

alya silently slap seungmin's shoulder. but rokkie just nods at what seungmin said.

lee know and han had already lost it and laughs loudly, while felix puts 10 dollars in the jar, saying, "you're gonna be rich one day kid, if i spends too much time around you cause i curse a lot"

rokkie's eyes lighten up, "then please spend more time with me, uncle felix!"

 and they all burst out laughing. 

_

"rokkie's not mine" seungmin said, as the little kid went to the kitchen to wash his hands.

this got all of their attention, all of them stare at him, especially chan.

"not alya's too" and chan sighed in relief. earlier, his mind has been somewhere else. he was thinking on how will jyp react to seungmin having a child, on what will happened if this come out and stays went mad. they are idols, they had to have a good image.

"then? whose child is he?" lee know asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

alya approach them with rokkie in her arms, "he's my late friend's child"

"his mother were on an accident after giving birth to him. so i feel like it's my job to be his mom" she said.

felix's eyes softened at her kindness and sincere. but not until rokkie spoke up,

"and now, eomma is my mom and minnie is my dad!" he said excitedly, hyunjin choked on air and changbin gasped loud enough to fill the room.

seungmin's eyes widened and his heart beat fast as rokkie is starting to see him like his father. he felt like he didnt deserve to be in that place. Scared that this might make a difference in his relationship with alya, he glanced at her.

she was already staring at him with a grateful smile, thanking him for making rokkie be this comfortable. thanking him for making her have a shoulder to lean on. thanking him for existing in their life.

the sound of bangchan's awkward laughed breaks the tension, "huh, how about we dig in now?" he asked, gesturing the food in front of them, trying to lighten up the mood.

they all silently start eating up, thanking alya for the food.

"i've been watching you on tv, you know? alya, the malaysian archer" han's eyes sparkled, speaking with adoration. 

she giggles, "well, i've been your fan since you guys debuted. look how the tables have turned?" 

"oh lemme guess, your bias must be me right?" changbin said with a smug smile while lee know rolled his eyes beside changbin.

seungmin laughed, "she's my girlfriend, of course her bias is me, pabo" 

alya smiled awkwardly, "uhh yeah, seungmin is my bias. but before him, i have my eyes on hyunjin"

"AHA!" hyunjin suddenly stands with a cookie in his hands, smirking excitedly, "unfortunately, puppy, i am her first love" 

felix laughed while innie just shook his head in disbelief.

-

alya was enjoying the night breeze on the balcony when suddenly chan appeared beside her. "so uhh you're a stay?"

she nodded shyly, "yeah.."

he stared at her with serious face. "so are you sure you're not dating seungmin because you are his fan or something?"

she stared at him, gulped down as chan looks very serious right now, "i can assure you that this is nothing like a fan love. of course, he is my bias at first, but when we get to know each other, he is actually different from what fans had been seeing and saying. whenever he's with me, he let go and be carefree, not caring about his idol image because to me, with me, he can be a human."

chan is still frowning but his forehead looks relaxed by now.

"you sure you are capable with dealing the society's eyes on you?" he asked again.

"i have to admit, there is fear in me of thinking about what would they say, what if they attack me. but, going through life alone and leave him makes me suffer more than facing the cruelty of the world with him. as long as we're here for each other, my life and his would be okay." she answered, glancing at seungmin who is having fun with the boys as they are playing with rokkie.

"i know you're scared, that this might hurt seungmin and you wont trust me fully. but i can assure you that i'll be the best thing that had ever happened to him. i care for him as much as you do, so please, let me be his world, let me in his life." she stared back at bangchan who is still staring at seungmin.

"you're a good person, alya" he said.