🕸 Prologue 🕸

🕸 ⋆。°✩ ⋆。°✩🕸

🕸 ⋆。°✩ ⋆。°✩🕸

May 15th, 2023

"With the continuous rise in sales and investors for VorroTech, many reports and charts have shown that the corporation could have numbers around Stark Industries within the next year," the almost bald, lanky news anchor read off on the screen of Peter's small television, in his even smaller apartment.

Shutting the TV off, he picked himself off the couch with a sigh. VorroTech was one of the biggest companies and could barely pay him enough to sustain himself. Yet, it was still a job and still a paycheck.

He adjusted his collar again and double-checked his shoelaces. While his job was to attend to the employee's food and drink orders, he was also allowed to shadow some engineers and scientists in his free periods, which he happily did.

Two years ago, if you had told Peter a 'strange' set of events would erase him from everyone's memories and deem him completely unknown, he would've laughed in your face. Unfortunately, it wasn't a joke, as that was what occurred in December of 2021. He had lost his aunt May in death and eventually his beloved girlfriend and best friend. They didn't know who he was. Peter wasn't going to tell them. He had hurt too many people, including the ones he loved, due to his double life. Even if Peter wanted to reveal his identity and story to Ned and Michelle, it was too late, as they had left for MIT in the past year.

He was alone.

That was the case until he applied to intern at the up-and-coming NYC-based tech company: VorroTech, founded by Dr. Ray Vorro. Ray had invented many minuscule machines in the basement of his mother's house. After pitching his machines to engineers and investors, Vorro started a lab, which kept growing and growing and has now reached high potential. Many engineers and scientists alike flocked to the business to host their workshops and experiments. The company had moved into a huge statement piece of a skyscraper in downtown Manhattan, close to Peter's janky one-bedroom apartment. They grew in employees and eventually started hiring more and more interns, including Peter.

Peter interned at the company for five months before they promoted him to paid intern in January of this year. While it was just enough to sustain his needs, he still enjoyed the valuable experience the job was providing him. Along with that benefit, he had been observant and realized that the company was not all it seemed. Something was going on behind closed curtains. Peter Parker may not be able to do anything about his suspicions, but Spider-man can. His idea is that if he keeps working for VorroTech, not only could he investigate in his current position, but he may be promoted higher to the point where he could get behind-the-scenes information.

So that's where he was at. Interning while subtlely trying to pick up on anything that could confirm his suspicions that something was going on.

Peter looked himself over in his bathroom mirror one more time before combing his hair, grabbing his keys, and leaving his building. He took the nearest subway to where Vorro's impressive building was located at.

Today was going to be another long day.